Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLease help!!! I think my water might have broke!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

so i go to the bathroom and i notice that my panties are wet...i wear panty liners and i have had to change it 3 times today...and everytime i do the are really wet and there is a yellowish discharge...

I am 38 week 3 days i have had alot of pressure down there today and back pain

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Go to the hospital, its better safe then sorry!

geminishadow79
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:31 PM

call your OB

shash1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I would call ur doc momma!!! Good luck and congrats

montessori_mama
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:33 PM

It sure sounds like it did!  Go to L&D to get checked and update us, too!!

SaRaHBeTh249
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Sounds like it, I had severe back pains with my second, no contractions though just back pains

SaRaHBeTh249
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM

and another thing, if your waters bag is slowly leaking (sounds like it) then it is better to let your OB know, because if the baby is without your waters for a while it is more likely to get infection.

Army_Wife41
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:35 PM

It might have. I would lay down for a bit, then stand up. If you notice a leak I would say it did for sure. Either way, I would probably make a trip to L&D just to be safe.

expectingmomof3
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:39 PM

I would go to L&D just to check. Wear your liner and they can just press the test strip against your wet liner and know immediately if your water broke! Literally, it took mine a micro second! Good luck!!

housefullofkidz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Quoting SaRaHBeTh249:

and another thing, if your waters bag is slowly leaking (sounds like it) then it is better to let your OB know, because if the baby is without your waters for a while it is more likely to get infection.

I agree, I have had alot of high leaks and it's hard to tell if it's really broken. I would get checked.

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots

doulala
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Does it have an odor?
AF is not usually yellow.

Are you able to "force" more out with a cough or push on the toilet or after lying down for a while?

Mine was broken for over a week, I saw a lot of white chunks, but I know it's usually clear.

Are you running a temperature?

IF you get checked in the hospital, be sure to refuse vaginal exams!!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)