Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do I look big to you?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 75 Replies

I've been told I look big for how far along I am. Even asked if I'm having twins.. i hope that was a joke.

But I'm really curious now- do I look too big? I'll be 29 weeks on Tuesday.

Also, a question for you ladies that got stretch marks during your pregnancy... when did they start to show up?

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaRae_bby
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM

you dont look big at all. you look perfect.

shash1
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I started to put strechmark cream b4 i was showing on my belly and never got a mark....but dodnt start on my back until it was too late. I have them on my hips. Drink TONS of water!!!

And no, you dont look big. You look beautiful!!! IDK why people feel the need to tell women they look to big for their week in pregnancy. Like there is a fricken book out there that says what you "should" look like. everyone is different. Tell them "oh, im sorry. What should I look like" I always tried to come up with smart ass remarks that left them feeling stupid....

K.a.C.87
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM

not at all!

housefullofkidz
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Quoting SamanthaRae_bby:

you dont look big at all. you look perfecti

I agree!

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!housefullofkidz.jpg picture by us5dots

mrs.sarafin
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Thank you ladies =) 

I don't know why people keep asking me "are you sure you're only __ weeks?!?" and keep telling me I'm huge.

I don't think I look HUGE, but this is my first so I really wouldn't know..

mrs.sarafin
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I know! It's so rude, and alot of those comments were from men... like they're the experts!!

Quoting shash1:

I started to put strechmark cream b4 i was showing on my belly and never got a mark....but dodnt start on my back until it was too late. I have them on my hips. Drink TONS of water!!!

And no, you dont look big. You look beautiful!!! IDK why people feel the need to tell women they look to big for their week in pregnancy. Like there is a fricken book out there that says what you "should" look like. everyone is different. Tell them "oh, im sorry. What should I look like" I always tried to come up with smart ass remarks that left them feeling stupid....

Bren07
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM

you dont look "too" big to me..when i got stretch marks with my first it was in the last month..i had a few that started around my belly button and they spread like wild fire..lol..i used the palmers lotion for stretch marks but it didnt do anything for me..

HI! im a 20 yr old disposable diapering, CIO attempting, vaxing (but no flu shot), circ'ing, BFing AND FFing, vaginal and c-section birthing, co-sleeping, SAHM to two BOYS. i have been fairly happily married since i was 17 to my high school sweetheart who i met when i was 15. yes i am a "teen mom" but i also graduated high school early. so dont tell me im too young because i will tell you your too old!
SORRY FOR ANY TYPOS, IM NAK ALOT!

Sabre_S
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:01 AM

People ask me if Im having twins to, I dont think you look big at all but I didnt think I looked to big until everyone started commenting. lol. Heres a pic of me at 25 weeks..

mrs.sarafin
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Awe you look so cute! I didn't question it either until ppl started making comments.. lol

Quoting Sabre_S:

People ask me if Im having twins to, I dont think you look big at all but I didnt think I looked to big until everyone started commenting. lol. Heres a pic of me at 25 weeks..

kameronsmommy08
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Mine didn't show up until I was 32 weeks, I was so PO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)