Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby names hard or easy to pick out?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Hard or easy to pick out a name??

Options:

Easy did it in a matter of days

Fairly easy took a few weeks

little hard took a month

Hard still haven't found one yet

Names no more names

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 30

View Results

Me and my Boyfriend are fighting all the time or what to name our lil girl beofre she is here is two months, and it lead me to think this is so hard to find a name. So what do you think hard or easy to pick a name?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Holly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I picked the name of Our DS & already picked name out for Baby#2 when she/he gets here.. cant wait to find out what we are having so I can set it on paperwork, photo albums etc :))

For Me its straight heritage.. I only pick Jewish names.. so its easy & I choose within 1 day.. let DH know what it is & get his smile & woula its all done:)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

MotherRachelle
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:32 AM

With our daughter we both just went through our lists of names we liked and crossed off the ones the other didn't like. He ended up falling in love with the name McKayla and I picked the spelling Makahla for it and fell in love with it. We did a family name for her middle name which was easy. For this baby if it's a boy like I think it will be (gut instinct) we have it easy since we are just going to do a Brian Jr. If it's a girl we have some ideas but nothing we are sure on. We will probably do the middle name Noel for sure cause it's my grandpa's name spelt backwards, Leon.

tgeleynse
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM

It was easy to name our daughter, Shannon. We named her after my hubby's older sister, who only lived 24 hours. We liked the name and knew it would be very special for his parents.

Naming our son has been a whole different story ... we still haven't settled on a name for sure, although we have a couple picked out. I think boys are much more difficult to name, in general.

Dana31
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Naming all three of our kids was very easy.  Since I got to pick out our oldest daughters name I agreed that hubby got to pick our second daughters name.  Their names are Haley and Hanna. When I was pregnant with Hanna  he picked the name Hunter for a boy. That name just stuck with us and we decided if we ever have a boy his name would be Hunter John so when I got pregnant with number three our boys name was already picked and we never even considered another name. I  suggested Harleigh Grace for a girl and hubby liked it. We found out we are having a little Hunter. I think Haley, Hanna and Hunter  sound really cute together. We are done after this baby. Hubby knows I really like the name Harleigh and said the other day we could always try for our Harleigh after this one is born. I think he has fallen on his head cuz  we are done.

pregnancy calendar
montanacat
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Hubby had a deal with his Ex that he would get to pick the name if it was a girl, so he chose Cora Racquel...when we were waiting for genetic counseling w/ #2, I dared DH to open a baby name book and point to a name. It landed on Colby, and later that day we found out it was a girl. We changed the spelling to Colbee, and chose the middle name Elyse, while I was in labor!  from a "giving tree" in the hospital maternity hallway where anyone who donates money can put it in someone's name....This one, I REALLY like the name Cairo but got alot of "eh"s from family and friends....Chloe kindof jumped out at both of us, and we added an "e" on the end for Chloee. I've had my heart set on M'Kenna for a long time, so that part was easy!

MomNtheRes
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I hate naming and was surprised at how easy it was to name our daughter this time. I went through a site online and told him the ones I liked, he said yes or no and made a list of the ones he liked. So in the end I got a name I wanted- it was my 2nd fav but doesn't really matter since I picked them both anyways :)

Nay1983
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:50 PM

It was easy for us and it's our first.  We went with family names.  If we have a boy we are naming him after my stepdad (Daniel) who raised me since I was 7 and if we have a girl we took part of Dh's grandmothers name and mothers name and put them together (sharlene).  Kids down the road...we haven't thought that far lol.  Good luck girl!

VintageWife
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Extremely easy for me :) I already have names picked for the next 5 kids. My hubby isn't picky either and he knows that names/naming are my passion, so he lets me pick anything I want with just a couple of exceptions. There have been a couple people in his life he didn't want to name a child after and its fine by me cause I don't like the names anyway.

Willowjade
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM

G to a baby site and you sit and make a list of names you like, and have him make a list of names he likes.  Then compare your lists for common names.

For our first daughter, my husband wanted Amber ( i have always hated amber, no offence to anyone named amber out there)  I wanted Isabella.

We couldn't decide, so his sister started texting our phones all the names she coudl think of...and one we both liked was Paige.  So he came to me and said, if we can name her Paige, you can give her Isabella for her middle name.  So....Paige Isabella it was.

StarSterling
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:37 AM

I was lookin through name books for about a week, and the name just came to me *I wasn't anywhere near where it would be in the book* IDGAF if the sperm donor likes it or not, he's not a part of my life or hers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)