Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh!! I am in SO much pain :(

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM
  • 9 Replies

So for those of you that dont know I went to L and D last night because I was having alot of contractions like 9 an hour and earlier yesterday I lost a little bit of my mucus plug. Well when I got to the hospital the contractions stopped. Well all last night I couldnt sleep because I was having alot of contractions. Well today I have went to the bathroom 2 times and noticed more mucus plug and my back hurts so bad and my hips. I was dialated to a 1 and 50 percent effaced which I know doesnt mean much. And baby was at -3 station. I feel like crying right now because it hurts and Im having contractions but not that frequent. I know Im whiny but this really sucks!! Oh ya Im 34 weeks for the people that dont know!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amazingrace0408
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Im sorry your hurting momma... I am also 34 weeks and feeling some pains (just not those kinds) Pressure and pain in the pelvic region. Not much longer until the babies are here though. Hope they ease up on you a little bit.

Alwaysnesting
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM

I'm right there with you- feels like that due date is FOREVER away. Only thing IC an suggest is hot hot showers or bath and when the contractions get really tough, lay on your side or have your hubby or whoever rub your lower back- good luck :-)

lmurphy22
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:00 AM

You are not alone hun. I have been having prodromal labor alot too. at 34 weeks they should have given you something to help with it. Its not fun. When it all started for me and my hips got really painful I bought an exercise ball and sitting on that helped sooo much. It took the pressure off my hips and back and dramatically reduced the pain. I hope that helps!

SamanthaRae_bby
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:04 AM

are you drinking enough water atleast 8 or more glasses a day? have you been taking baths, using a heat pad, getting someone to give you a back run foot rub anything? one of my favorite positions was on hands and knees and rounding out my back. it make my back and palvis stop hurting. do you have a body pillow you can lay on so you can kinda lay on your stomach and not put any pressure on your hips as much. (also just remember your mucus plug can constantly regenerate itself so its common to be losing it. i was constantly losing mine at 34/35 weeks). just try and keep your mind off it. read a book, go out with friends and see the new alice in wonderland in 3d (ITS AMAZING!) just try and keep your mind off the pain. if you focus on it, it will just get worse KWIM?

tgeleynse
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM

They let you go home in that condition at 34 weeks? I had to be in the hospital when I was 34 weeks with dd because I was dilated to 1 and 80% effaced. My contractions also stopped when I went in, but once they checked me, they wouldn't let me leave and ended up transferring me to a bigger hospital that could handle babies with premature lungs (turns out my baby's were mature, but its iffy at 34 weeks).

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Quoting tgeleynse:

They let you go home in that condition at 34 weeks? I had to be in the hospital when I was 34 weeks with dd because I was dilated to 1 and 80% effaced. My contractions also stopped when I went in, but once they checked me, they wouldn't let me leave and ended up transferring me to a bigger hospital that could handle babies with premature lungs (turns out my baby's were mature, but its iffy at 34 weeks).

Unfortunately yes, the nurse was really rude to me!! I think she didnt believe me. But my doctor told me that if I went into labor at 35 or 36 weeks they wouldnt stop it because she is SO big. They would probably have to induce me anyways to keep her size under control!

mOm2bOyS_nY
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM

i also went ot l&d, at 35 weeks.. was 1 cm, still very thick and baby was high at -3, so i know where ur coming from.. its not enjoyable :( stay strong and try to relax, easier said then done

pregnant

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:52 AM

didnt get any sleep last night :( my hips and back are hurting so bad its putting me in tears. And it makes it worse to lay down. I took a really hot bath and that helped a little bit. And I have been putting a heating pad on it. And on top of that I have a birthing class at 830 and Im not sure if I will make it through because its a 1 day class and it lasts til 5. But I paid alot of money for it!

tristangirl
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Quoting Marah2008:

Quoting tgeleynse:

Unfortunately yes, the nurse was really rude to me!! I think she didnt believe me. But my doctor told me that if I went into labor at 35 or 36 weeks they wouldnt stop it because she is SO big. They would probably have to induce me anyways to keep her size under control!

I am in the same situation except I want dialated just spotting and having lots of contrations. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions (I was actually having more than I thought) and then they told me since I was 35w this weekend tey wouldnt stop it again. They are also concerned about her being to big if I go full term so they are hoping she wil come on her own instead of inducing. She is on track to be 10lb 14oz if she keeps growing like she is. I wish you the best of luck. Ask your doc for ambien to sleep at night, it is safe while pregnant and maybe you can get a little rest before your little one gets here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)