Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How could you tell that your SO was excited about this/previous pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:28 AM
  • 19 Replies

My husband is a very very unemotional man.  I know most men are unemotional but he's pretty extreme.  He is also very sensitive to touch, in fact he doesn't like to be touched.  He refuses and even hates massages even though he has a really bad back.   I can go on for hours.. so of course just like anything else exciting in our 14 year relationship I am finding it annoyingly difficult to find the clues that he is in fact excited about this baby.   I literally have to shove my belly in his face so that he'll talk to her (he probably says 4 sentences a day to me in total, I'm not kidding).  I'm not concerned, he tells me he's happy/excited and I know men are just not built like us women who will coooo and awwwwweee and ahhhh all over about a pregnant mom or new baby.   Anyway, I was just curious what clue you witnessed made you know that your hubby was in fact excited about the baby?

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

My husband is not the type to get super excited about anything until it actually happens. When i'm preggo. e says it's not real to him until the baby come. Now he is great he does take good care of me when I'm preggo but he doesn't touch my belly a whole lot or talk to the baby. As soon as my daughter was born he was in love with her and helps me alot.I think some men are just a little unattached with the pregnancy but I'm sure as soon as he sees that little baby he will fall in love like my hubby did.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM

lol none hubby is the same way, he feels that if he shows any sign of emotion that it makes him a sissy in his words!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM

My husband is also a very unemotional man.  I think I've seen him cry maybe twice in our 13 1/2 year relationship.  He is not to the extreme that he doesn't like to be touched but he has a very hard time showing affection especially in public.  My first pregnancy he was happy that we were expecting but like the other post it didn't really seem real to him until she was born.  He has been an incrediable father there is nothing I do that he will not (except cut her fingernails...that really scares him).  I'm half way through my second pregnancy and he will every once in a while put his head on my belly and talk to the baby and will try to feel him move.  I think this time he knows how very real this is.  Just wait until he sees that baby for the first time.  That is one of the two times I ever saw mine cry.  That and I have to deliver by way of c-section so he is the first person to get to hold the baby :)

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:30 AM

My husband was the same way. He never showed much excitement that I was pregnant. I think he was more afraid of all the changes my being pregnant and having children would bring to our lives. He has a hard time with babies too. He didn't really start having fun with our daughter until she started to talk.

by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:54 PM

i asked my hubby if he was hubby is good about holding it thoughts and feelings inside.  he told me he will act more excited once the baby is born.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Yes I think guys are more into to end result my husband also has only cried maybe 3-4times in our 14 year relationship and 1 of those was when our first daughter was born and before when he and I had to discuss c-section after 30+hours of labor.  He was happy about us having a baby but could almost really care less about the pregnancy except would remind me to eat more protein!! and one or two times when I had him feel them kick.........he is also not one to cater to his pregnant wife not the funnest husband to have while pregnant.....we took the bradley method class with our first and he was very hands on and helpfull but never really seemed to get that it takes alot of energy to grow a baby!!! anyways just wait till he sees his precious baby, I don't know how he couldnt be in tears!!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:21 PM

DH is the same way he will feel my belly when the baby is kicking but that's about it and I have to make him do that.  Now when the babies were born he was totally different.  He cried at the birth of our oldest and youngest DD's and I know he will cry at the birth of this LO too.  Guys are such weirdos sometimes.  For them it isn't real no matter what they see or feel cause they can't attatch themselves to the emotions and feeling we have during a pregnancy they don't know what it feels like to have a baby kick you or what it feels like when the baby rolls. Some guys are not going to show emotions til it becomes real to them in their face a baby.

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:32 PM

My DH doesn't jump for joy about me being pregnant... But he is handling my pregnancy VERY well. This is our first child and he wanted a little girl sooooo bad (we are expecting a baby girl) He will go grab me my cravings, he rubs my belly, he even talks to her and gives my belly kisses and raspberries LOL He helps me up when I am laying down or sitting, bc it's getting harder to do that on my own these days! He can't wait to meet HIS princess!! He is actually deploying shortly after I deliver and he asked my ob how soon we can induce bc he would like to spend as much time with his daughter and me before he leaves... It was very cute actually, even though I told him I don't wanna be induced... I wanna have this baby when she is ready! It was the thought that counts though :)

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM

This pregnancy like the last one didn't become real to him until he heard the heart beat for the first time.  He will not let me do certain things.  I didn't think he was all that excited until he went out and bought the baby crib ( all by himself)!  He knew what I wanted and wanted to surprise me, not only that but he got a $329 on sale for $99!  i love my hubby!

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:09 PM

well when i showed him the test, his face turned BRIGHT red and he just smiled and hugged me..

then it took a while to be able to talk about it and both be excited, he had NO emotion when we found out the gender, but after he told his family and friends he then got excited to the point he says "my daughter"

And now that im big and she is finally moving more, he is impatiently waiting to feel her kick...but we got the crib up and i bought a bunch of stuff and he got happy.

..Lover to Brandon..
..Mommy to Mr.Bryley Scott 10.27.08..
..It's a GIRL!!---> Kamrynn Clare ETA June 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)