Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 weeks to early for sonogram?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hello:

I'm scheduled for a 6 week sonogram. I'm not sure what that will accomplish. My DR didn't explainw why, and I know its better to wait. I don't want costly and unnecessary procedures even though I can't wait to see the baby.I don't have any sharp consistent pain or fever (so I'm thinking its not ectopic).

The only thing I can think of is that I was on anti-depressants when I got pregnant. I've transitioned off of them.

I want to call them back and just tell them I'll do it when I come in for my first OB appt. Why pay 2 copays?????

Thoughts?

Thanks,

mr

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
yummy_mommy89
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:21 AM

i was on antidepressants as well and weaned off them, and ive had no problems but if you want to reassure yourself i would call

ForeverInLove
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I just had an ultrasound done at about 6 weeks. My doctor wanted to check for viability because I have been infertile for almost two full years.

mommyandthree
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I had one done at five weeks and I was able to see a heartbeat!

JuLiJuLes5
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:42 AM

I had one at 6.6 weeks to date me because we weren't certain of a due date.  (I could have been 13 weeks, I could have been 4. I have a very irregular menstrual cycle and we had trouble knowing if I was even ovulating or not.)  But when they did it it was ectopic and you could see a lil flicker of light which was the heart beat and a little thing that resembled a rice crispy which was the baby.  I would just go with the flow.  If your doctor prescribes u a u/s it's usually covered by insurance anyway.  =o)

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:15 AM

i had one done at exactly 6 weeks and it was worth it.. I got to see and hear his heart beating and he was just a little bean at that point.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

ArmyWifey4907
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Most times when an ultrasound is ordered that early, it's just to make sure that everything is forming right.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If you have insurance, you shouldn't have to pay for it..at leats not a lot.

pregnancy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)