Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WoW is taking my husband away...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM
  • 38 Replies

My husband has been sucked into World of Warcraft!

He hasnt held our 2 week old baby for more than 5 minutes at a time. Today is the first day he has helped clean the house. He is snappy with our (ALMOST)4 year old. All he wants to do is play that STUPID game!

If our new baby cries he wont get up and help her, he wont hold her, he hasnt changed her diaper... NOT even 1 time!!!! I told him today "Just hold her, thats all she wants." and his reply was "I DONT WANT TO HOLD HER!" than went back to his game. 

He has always been so helpful and hands on, until he started playing that game! I cant even say anything about the game or else he will get all defensive and angry.

Im so sad, this is our last baby and he is missing out on everything. I dont know if I should blame the game or if he is having problems bonding with her because Im BFing her and using the game as an escape.

This is really just a rant.

:(

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2girls0708
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:32 PM

My husband does that with his video game and  we have knock down drag outs when it comes to this.  He yells at our daughters telling them to move out of infront of the tv and cusses.    I have actually turned the power off to the house in the middle of the game to get his attention. LOL  I thought it was funny but trust me he didn't.  I know how you feel

afrw2007

i play WoW and so does DH and there has been times hes neglected our son for the game but i tell him what he is doing and we cancell the subsription until months later. that game is very addicting and often people have to seek therapy for it. i know some people use the parental controls on the game to set time limits from themselfs so that they can do their regular duties

hollychristina

Girl,

boys will be boys right? hide the mouse or the keyboard for the computer somewhere he'll never find :)

TheresaC7
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I wonder if we can start suing game manufacturers for failed relationships. It is like an addiction! My boyfriend will be so into a game that he won't even notice me saying anything to him. He has his days where he will come home and just stay on for like 8 hours!!! So the house rule is that when the kids are home he can't be on a game for more than an hour. He does shift work (3 day shifts, one day off, three nights, one day off...etc), so this schedule works for us. IMO, playing a game as an escape is no excuse. Especially right after a baby is born.

mommy2xp
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:38 PM

i read this to my dh. he says yep it's an escape, and when i was reading the part about him not helping with the baby he says "he's busy raiding"  my dh is actually reading something about wow right now.  i hate the stupid game.  really why pay money for soemthing that takes him away from us! he's changed our 3 month old once i believe. if she lays on the couch sleeping and wakes up and fusses he will pat her but that's all she gets until she really starts screaming.  i usually just get her before that because it's not fair to her. MANY time i cook and hold her at the same time.  i understand everything you are going through! we got rid of the game for a while, then we made a deal that he could have it back if he only played once in a while and still spent time with us. that went well for about a week then he was back to it all the time. 

momof2kiddos79
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:39 PM

Yea.. i hate that game too. I know how you feel!!

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

have his mother come over and throw it away.

me and DF were talking about this last night, he wants to buy a PS3 and i said HELL NO. Wii is enough because we can be envolved togehter or its at least more interesting...he has a few more games on there he is addicted to tho but we made a rule that we arent on the computer or games when everyone is home togehter.

thats REALLY sad. I would let him be angry and take it away, he will come to his senses

StarMommy06
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM

It is really getting on my nerves, and I dont really say much to him about it because I want to avoid a fight. But today I was trying to do something with my older DD and my baby started to cry and I asked him to hold her and he said "I DONT WANT TO HOLD HER." I told him "Of course you dont, all you want to do is play WoW. That game is more important to you than your daughters..."

He was at the bank when I posted this and when he walked in I said "A woman on cafemom had to send her husband to theropy because of wow."  and he said "What did he not work?" I said "He just didnt pay any attention to his kids." (haha so I made the whole thing up, but hey it got his attention.) He walked into my older DDs room and played with her for about 10 minutes... than went and got on youtube.

*Sigh*

DayDaysmom19
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM

This is exactly why that game is not allowed in my house!! My dh plays video games way too much, although it has gotten a million times better, but I told him no way in Hell would he ever start playing WoW!!

AllAboutYou1223
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Thank God DF doesn't play that game... but I've heard horror stories about it ... Seems like it turns into a real addiction. I've seen it on several talk shows and COUNTLESS posts about it here on Cafemom.

I'm sorry he's not being more helpful, but I have no advice ;(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)