Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Frist trip to the hospital

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

So i was posting yesteday about having cramps and then I went to the OB around lunch time.. they checked my cervix and took a urine sample and said it didn't look like a UTI, but just normal stretching... BULL!

Well, it was bull, come 10pm last night, I had blood in my urine.  So i call them and they say go right down to the birthing unit at my hospital.. So we go and they get me all hooked up to the monitors and such (after i give them a urine sample).. they baby was NOT cooperating she kept darting away from the nurse with the heart monitor.. it was pretty funny.

So I have a bladder infection.  Good news I'm on anti-biotics now, guzzling my cranberry juice.  AND we were only at the hospital for 2 hours.  not bad.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LavenderMom23
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Get well soon. Good for you, for sticking to your gut. Dr.'s might have degrees, but only you know your body & baby! You ROCK!

mommy2xp
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:26 PM

glad you are getting the meds now and will soon be all better!!

grapejelly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Thanks!  I just wish they wouldn't dismiss my concerns so easily.. I know this is my first prenancy, but I could tell it wasn't stretching.

:)

Quoting LavenderMom23:

Get well soon. Good for you, for sticking to your gut. Dr.'s might have degrees, but only you know your body & baby! You ROCK!

CafeMom Tickers

JHall
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Stupid bladder infections :(  I'm in the same boat with ya!!  Hope you feel better soon!!!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM

see you knew something was going on!  happy they were able to figure it out and your on antibiotics now...hope you have a fast recovery!

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM

oh, no.

HUGS!

I hope you're better SOON!!!

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:38 PM

YOu know your body better than anyone else~  

Quoting grapejelly:

Thanks!  I just wish they wouldn't dismiss my concerns so easily.. I know this is my first prenancy, but I could tell it wasn't stretching.

:)

Quoting LavenderMom23:

"There is power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it."
-Sheryl Feldman

TaraKathleen
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Thats weird. I was at the hospital last night for the same exact thing. The cramps were pretty bad werent they. Those UTIs are awful. This is my 3rd one so watch out for it recurring.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
grapejelly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:32 PM

thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep an eye out for it now.  I'm just crossing my fingers I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotics

Quoting TaraKathleen:

Thats weird. I was at the hospital last night for the same exact thing. The cramps were pretty bad werent they. Those UTIs are awful. This is my 3rd one so watch out for it recurring.

CafeMom Tickers

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM

i had that happen to me before but it was long before i ever got pregnant. I'm so happy to hear that you got the meds and everything will be okay

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)