Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIGH had another u/s this baby is VERY uncooperative!

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

this is the 2nd ultrasound she was bent in HALF.. her feet above her head the entire time. Again this time the tech had me get on one side, then the other side, then do pelvic rocks... nothing.. kid wasn't moving.

It really scares me that she's going to be breech! 

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Are you truly concerned?
If you let these fears infiltrate your confidence now, I think you may be (unnecessarily) creating problems for yourself!      :-(

You are just pat the half way mark~  your baby can be breech and turn sixty times between now and labor.
And even if she IS breech and never turns, she can turn IN labor.

Besides~   breech in itself should not worry you (unless you are attended by someone without experience & training).
But fortunately, you have a homebirth midwife, right?   Which means better skills!  ;-)

zoeysmom331
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM

She has plenty of time to move. I think my DD moved an average of 5 times a day toward the end of pregnancy, I could actally see her doing flips.

I wouldn't worry mama.

wildsissy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:01 PM

oh yeah she has plenty of time to turn.. my husbands brother was born breech.. I know breech isn't a genetic thing, but it makes me worried because she is ALWAYS in that position.. never in the regular fetal position..  but yeah.. as doulala said, I'm just a big worry wart.  My dad has always called me Nervous Nelly! lol! 

my concern is that my midwife won't attempt a breech homebirth.  any complications you have to go to the hospital. 

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Interesting!   I am so used to breech as a variation of normal~  not a "complication."       Midwives attend breech births at home all the time.   Or twins or twin-breech, lol!   ;-P

Is there a restriction in your area or with that particular midwife then?

What is the timeframe for allowing your baby to get turned IF she is still breech at the end of pregnancy.   (Knowing that babies will turn IN labor into the birthing vertex position.)

Quoting wildsissy:

oh yeah she has plenty of time to turn.. my husbands brother was born breech.. I know breech isn't a genetic thing, but it makes me worried because she is ALWAYS in that position.. never in the regular fetal position..  but yeah.. as doulala said, I'm just a big worry wart.  My dad has always called me Nervous Nelly! lol! 

my concern is that my midwife won't attempt a breech homebirth.  any complications you have to go to the hospital. 

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

kimwilson16
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Try drinking some orange juice next time on your way to your ultrasound. I did this yesterday on the way to mine and it made her move and kick so we were able to see that she is a girl! The sugar makes them active. Good luck.

CafeMom Tickers
lmurphy22
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM

at only 24 weeks she still has plenty of time to move head down, this one didn't until 34 weeks and it kinda freaked me out because my 3yrold was breech and had severe club feet from it. I was worried this one would too. But he turned so its all good now.

Hisservent
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 3:13 PM

you've still got 15 more weeks, she can still turn around. sorry the baby didn't cooperate for you. Mine was very very wiggly. It took forever to get the  measurements they needed. But we were able to find out the sex and I made the tech check like 3 times just to be sure.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, Preg. w/ a girl, WAHM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)