Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Avoiding a yeast infection

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM
  • 10 Replies

Anything I can take to avoid getting a yeast infection while I'm on antibiotics?  I never get the strong symptoms of a yeast infection so I'd rather get on top of things so it doesn't go untreated...

Any ideas?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyRJ
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:34 PM

you can get a yeast infection from antibiotics???

i have no idea.

bump

grapejelly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM

yeah the doc told me last night that you're more prone to getting them if you are pregnant and on antibiotics...

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Take probiotics to balance out.

Eat yogurt!

;-)

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM

btw--  I usually use acidophilous.

indymom72
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I was told that eating yogurt helps with that...ugh..those things are the worst.  I hope you dodge it!!

CafeMom Tickers
grapejelly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM

really acidophilus to avoid a yeast infection?  i know that kind of regulates your system... i use it for my dog when she gets diarrhea.

cool i have that in my cabinet!

Quoting doulala:

btw--  I usually use acidophilous.

CafeMom Tickers

doulala
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Intro to Acidophilus Yeast Infection

Yeast infections are the build up of harmful bacteria in the body which results in lots of discomfort and pain for the person that has let it happen. There are drugs like acidophilus yeast infection cure that people say work. This treatment may seem strange to most people because it is basically another bacteria. But what people don't understand about their bodies is that there is constantly bacteria growing all over. But there is a difference between the good and the bad bacteria. A yeast infection occurs when you allow the bad yeast to outgrow the good and this can happen all over your body, the most common place being your mouth, which is called oral thrush, but it also happens in the private regions, which is very embarrasing and painful.

Places to Find Acidophilus Yeast Infection Treatment

What treatments like the acidophilus, which remember is another bacteria, due is to reintroduce into your body the positive bacteria to get back to your body's natural balance. Some people report that this treatment actually cures their yeast infection within hours. Seeing as how I'm not a medical doctor I cannot give you any medical advice so you should do your own research on all the yeast treatments available on the internet and consult your doctor before you start taking anything. Although this treatment is natrual there is no telling how it might react with other medications you are taking, especially if you are taking the tablets.

There are various places where you can find the acidophilus yeast infection treatment, some of them are harder than others to locate and some of them work better than the rest. You are just going to have to check around to be able to find some of these products and to find the best prices. One of the easiest places to get this natural yeast treatment is through yogurt. Yogurt is a natural culture for probiotic bacteria, so as a preventative medicine you could eat yogurt everyday just to make sure you have the good kind of bacteria growing in your body. Some other places to find natural yeast infection treatments are kefir, which is made from fermented milk, but it is quite hard to find in the states. You can also find acidophilus tablets but ther are not very easy to find an too expensive for some people.

grapejelly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 5:28 PM

great to know!  thanks!

Megara
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Yes yes yes probiotics!  I get a yeast infection if I LOOK at antibiotics so daily probiotics are my best friend.  Azo makes a homeopathic yeast remedy (you can find it with the Monistat, etc.) that also contains probiotics that you can take to both prevent and to treat a yeast infection.

Cynthia86
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 10:14 PM

YOGURT!!!! A nurse once told me to eat some while on antibiotics and its helped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)