Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Constipation

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter has always had a problem with constipation...ever since she was born. The doctors wont do anything but tell me to give her miralax. The miralax isnt working, and my baby is having a really hard time pooping. I was wondering if you guys knew of any home remedies that will help her...she is 2 btw

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alexmom07
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:38 PM

have you tried giving her prunes or prune juice? I find that when I give Alex something that usually doesnt' digest entirely it helps him go... he loves fruit so its easy to give him prunes.

serenity1104
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM

My daughter is big on fruits/veggies so I've never really had any problems with BM.  Wish I had some suggestions for you.  bump

CafeMom Tickers
Army_wife8181
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 6:50 PM

She loves fruits and veggies too and eats them daily...i didnt think about prunes. We'll have to try that

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Aww poor thing. My niece is that way too. Every once in awhile my sister will have to use a thermometer dipped in vaseline and insert it just a tiny bit into her rectum, just wiggle it around a bit and it helps her go. It stimulates the urge to poo.

I would try prunes or prune juice for sure. Does she drink a lot of milk or eat a lot of dairy? that can be really constipating, so you might try cutting back on her milk intake it that's the case. I hope she gets some relief soon!

MissNout
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM

childrens senna lax it works great and doesnt cramp there stomach and doesnt give them diarea

doulala
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Does she get exercise and water?

Army_wife8181
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:14 PM

She does get plently of exercise and water...Water is about all she drinks. She might get one sippy a day of milk...but she does love cheese. I just want my baby to feel better =(

newbiestepmama
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Have you tried dried cranberries or raisins? They work wonders for me. Haven't had to try them on my kids though. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)