Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trevor Alexander!!! :)

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am so thrilled to finally be able to post this.... my son is finally here! He was born Thursday, March 4, at 6:47 am... 7lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches long. 
I had a doctor's appt Wednesday afternoon & the fluid was low, so they sent me over to the hospital to be induced... We got there about 4:30 or so & about 6, the doctor came in & stripped my membranes to see if that would get things going without using Pitocin, which I was really thankful for. Walked for an hour & waited.... then the nurse came in & said they'd send me walking for another hour & if that didn't help things get started, they'd start me on the Pitocin. As I was getting out of the bed, my water broke, and things got going pretty quickly...I was dilated to a 3 & contractions started almost immediately (Back labor... yippee!) and they were pretty intense. This was around 11pm or so, I think... 
I had wanted to go completely natural, but the contractions got really bad around 5-6 cm, so I asked for an epidural. As I was mid-contraction, the guy walked in & started explaining paperwork to me & I remember telling him to just give me the damn paper...and then I signed & I remembered later that I misspelled my own name, LOL...
After that I don't remember much... was able to sleep a bit off & on, but then it started to wear off right before it was time to push... I got a little upset when they wouldn't up the dose, LOL... The girl next door to me was delivering & I could hear her screaming her head off & it was sorta freaking me out... then before I knew it the doc came in & it was time to push... It wasn't near as bad as I had expected--don't get me wrong, it did hurt, LOL... but just not as much as I expected it to. My husband was the most wonderful support I could have asked for & I can definitely say that when I look back on the birth of our son, I have no regrets about how anything went. He is perfectly healthy with a HUGE appetite & we could not be happier! 

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs_Williams08
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:54 PM

CONGRATS MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUTE PIC OF THE FAMhappy

junebutterfly
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Congrats cant wait til my big day!!!!  :)

scaredoflabor

Cute family pic! congrats on your little man hes very cute

kasper2010

Congrats!!!!!!

AidanCamsMom
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Congratulations!

doulala
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Cute little guy!!

:-D

CONGRATULATIONS!!

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 12:55 AM

i'm so happy to see everything went perfectly! Congrats on your son and you have a beautiful family!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Congratulations!

17havingtwins
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM

lucky i stell have 2 munths left congrats on ur handsome lil man

Firsttimemom252
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 8:56 AM

Congrats! His a cutie

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)