Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon can you feel that tiny bump in your lower abdomen?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM
  • 8 Replies

I know at some point in your first trimester you can begin to feel a golfball size lump in your lower abdomen just above your pubic hair line that is your uterus.  I was wondering how far along can you start feeling it?  I'm somewhere between 4-8 weeks and I can definately feel it a significant amount when standing (not pushing out at all), so can my hubby.  How soon did you all feel it?  I read earliest 6-10 weeks. 

in love

by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
erinmay0609
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM

I felt mine for the first time about 9 weeks... I then felt the baby for the first time at 15 weeks.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Well I could feel mine between 6-8 wks but according to my Doc that was b/c I got pregnant so soon after having my son and my uterus just jumped back up LOL I was measuring like 20 wks at 13 wks!!

But I am a BIG girl too!! I would think it would be much easier for someone of smaller size to feel there uterus and probably a little earlier then me!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

KTLange
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I'm very small...4'9" 97lbs.  I was just thinking that from what I'm reading you cant feel it untill minimum 6 weeks.  So I'm thinking that I'm further along than 4 weeks.  My last period was short so I'm not sure.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Was it shorter and lighter then normal? It could of very possibly of been impantation bleeding!!

Quoting KTLange:

I'm very small...4'9" 97lbs.  I was just thinking that from what I'm reading you cant feel it untill minimum 6 weeks.  So I'm thinking that I'm further along than 4 weeks.  My last period was short so I'm not sure.

After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. For some women implantation will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding. This is sometimes confused for an early period.

What does implantation bleeding or spotting look like?

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.

Implantation bleeding or menstrual period?

Implantation bleeding normally occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation is likely implantation bleeding; whereas, spotting that occurs very close to the time that your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy.

Could it be implantation bleeding if my period feels like it is about to start?

If you have had spotting and think it might be implantation bleeding you may be paying very close attention to your body. If you are trying to get pregnant, the good news is that early pregnancy symptoms feel very similar to the start of your period. If you are pregnant you may begin to notice symptoms of early pregnancy right around the time your period would normally start and sometimes sooner than that. If you suspect pregnancy you can test for pregnancy as early as ten days after ovulation.

How common is implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy. Twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy

www.cafemom.com/group/TTCorPregnant

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Mine was like 8-9 weeks.

KITTYCAT1
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Around 9 weeks or so.

chelsea1995
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:27 AM
im actually having my 1st pregnancy and im about 8-9 weeks and i can feel but in my case it feels like two bumps. i wonder if im having twins!
KTLange
by on Mar. 17, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I dont think it was lighter though that's why I'm not sure.  It was definately shorter by like 2-3 days.  I track my cycle very closely because I'm so regular.  I can always feel myself ovulate.  before this missed period I did not ovulate.  My previous period was short.  This is why we're not sure yet and I'm not going in for another 3 whole weeks!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured