Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My Fiancee's mom wants me to get an abortion

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:17 PM
  • 20 Replies
My fiancee' mom wants me to get an abortion. I dont believe in them and she said if I dont get it then she wont care for this baby. and she said she wont claim this baby as her grandchild. does anyone know what i could do to change her mind?Cry
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Piscean
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Have the baby. She will get over it when she sees the beautiful face of her grandchild. They almost always do. And if she doesn't...it's her loss. Honestly. Just my opinion. I don't know what she's thinking being so mean to you. I'm so sorry you are dealing with such a horrible thing honey. This should be a happy time. She will come to regret her harsh and inappropriate words. If she brings it up again, just tell her you are having your child and she cannot make you kill him or her. Remind her that it's also HER SON'S baby she's talking about, and tell her you will not discuss it further with her until she gets a clue. Just my opinion.
mommareed
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:23 PM
I definatley agree I think you should have the baby..she will come around if not then it is her loss.  Good Luck!
mom2wy
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:26 PM
Hon it sounds to me like she likes having control and she is seeing if she can control you with manipulation.  I wouldn't do anything you don't want to do.  If she is going to be that way you might not want a hole lot to do wiht her any more than you have to.  Chances are when that baby is born she will love it and if you aren't careful she may try to control the baby to.  You know take charge.  Best luck and I will keep you in my prayers.
mtmom2angels
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 11:13 PM

I went through this with my first child. My mother-in-law said that it wasn't even his and that I should get an abortion cause it was the "best thing" for us. Now first this is coming from a mormon woman. Second, it's not her body and she shouldn't be trying to make that decision for you. You have to do what you want and if she doesn't want to accept this baby as one of her own, then that is her loss and she will be the one missing out on all the wonderful moments she could have. I hope you find the answer to this. Good luck and let me know if there is anything you want to/need to talk about.

mtmom2angels

Tricia76
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Well for one I would like to know what your fiance says about all this,,He should be stompin a mud hole in her butt about that..Now theres an opinion Wink

godsgirl2008
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 12:19 AM
hey hun. dont have an abortion. god is blessing u with this baby for a reason. and thou shall not kill. tell her to read the bible. for some reason they dont want the baby but after it is hear its a whole different story. that baby is a part of u. and whether she likes that or not its too bad. u will be a good mom and pray about she will change her mind...
naiashashi
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 1:49 AM
I agree with everyone else, have the baby!!  There is no way that anyone has the right to make that sort of decision for you..
I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:36 AM
I have to agree too... have the baby!  I know she says these things now, but just hang in there!  My guess is when she sees that little face for the first time she will fall in love!  This is your baby, don't let anyone else tell you to abort him or her!  Hold onto your convictions, and don't let others tell you what to do with your baby!
abbsma
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM
I agree!  Once she sees that baby that is her own flesh and blood she will melt!  I am disgusted however that she would say that to you...She will regret it when she sees the gift of joy you bring into the world!  How does your man feel about it all?
mommy0327
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 10:12 AM

My mother was just about the same way when she found out my sister was having a baby, but as she got farther along my mother got more and more excited and was ready to be a grand mother, I know it will be harder because you aren't her actual daughter but give her time and I think she will get use to the fact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN