Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

My Fiancee's mom wants me to get an abortion

Posted by   + Show Post
My fiancee' mom wants me to get an abortion. I dont believe in them and she said if I dont get it then she wont care for this baby. and she said she wont claim this baby as her grandchild. does anyone know what i could do to change her mind?Cry
by on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Replies (11-20):
sheila1001
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 10:14 AM
Have the baby. I don't believe she said that.
mommacat
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 10:40 AM
Definately do not have an abortion! God has blessed you with this baby and even if you don't know why God does . She has no say in the matter it is up to you and your fiance. You've already said you don't believe in abortion and that's great. Let her know that you will not murder your child because she has an issue with it. Pray for God's guidance for you and for her. That is the only thing you can do to change her mind is pray for her.   Don't let her get you down and try not to have any conversations regarding this with her, it will upset you and you will stress which is not good for the baby. Take care of yourself and your baby and Pray and all will be well!
A.Rock1603
by on Apr. 17, 2007 at 2:02 PM
smack her in the face and tell her you arent a murderer!!!!!! after she see that baby she will want it in her life i bet you 364356 million dollars
Savannah18
by Member on Apr. 19, 2007 at 2:25 AM

I would strongly disagree with abortion.  Your fiancee's mom is way out of line.  You do whatever you feel in your heart, the baby is a blessing that god himself  gave you.  Whatever feelings  that  she  doesn't have for you doesn't mean she should  take it out on the baby.  Just  you remember, when the baby is  here see  how fast  she wants to be a part  of  the  baby 's  life.  You do what she did, I can't let you see the baby fpr example.  Fight fire with fire.  Don't let her control you!  Savannah 
Jeepgirl02
by on Apr. 19, 2007 at 8:19 AM
I agree. My parents weren't to thrilled when I had my first baby. I was 17 when I got preg. but as soon as they saw her face and got to hold her, they were in love. Things will work out for the best.
proudmom20000
by on Apr. 19, 2007 at 9:23 AM
You should definetly have the baby its not her decisionIt is something you will probably regret the rest of your life because you l listened to someone else.  Just think of the little heart beat inside you and how much that child will love you.  Even if she won't have anything to do with your child I'm sure she will change her mind and if she dosent than she is a very shallow person to hold not love her grandchild over the whole situation.  Good luck.
Sarahem
by on Apr. 19, 2007 at 11:59 PM
Do what you feel you want to do, and you feel is right for you and your unborn child.  Never let someone like that make a decision for you.  You will one day regret letting her sway you.  Do what you would do if you had never even met that awful woman.  I can't say enough that that is a decision that can only be made by you.  I wouldn't even want a woman like that in my child's life anyway.  I'd tell her next time she says she won't claim it, "good riddance!"
natrejo
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:51 PM
Tell her to go jump in a river. Not to be mean but you know what, I have a mother inlaw like that too. When I was pregnant with my first one, she wanted me to abort and man did we fight. She didn't (and still doesnt) like me because my husband is Latino and I am African American. She's the traditional never marry outside your race kind of person. After telling her that I wasn't aborting, she threatened to take me to court because she didn't feel I would be a good mother, so she wanted to take the baby. It took her a while to get used to the idea that she was going to have a half black baby, but oh well. Now, I have number 2 on the way due in 5 weeks, and we had the same problem. But we have an understanding, if she doesnt like the fact that the baby is still alive, then she doesn't have to see him. Some peoples minds cannot be changed, but know this. She will always be the grandmother whether she likes it or not, but she does not have to partake in the baby's life. And that's ok. It's better than her hanging over your shoulder telling you everything you are doing wrong. Of course there's a remedy for that too, but that's another story!Wink
sweetmoonflower
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM
I'm the kindof person to remember things.  I would tell her I'm not having an abortion and it's ok if she doesn't want to accept the child as her grandchild. Let her know that you will teach the baby to call her Mrs. what ever rather than any other title. Just like you would teach your child for your friends.  Then when the baby comes if she changes her mind I would remind her that if you had listened to her this beautiful baby wouldn't be here right now. And that would be the point where I would point out to her that she should rush judgment on any one or anything.
jcuddlebunny07
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 8:03 PM

First of all why does she want u 2 get an abortion? My mom was the same way with this one but as I got further and further along she's ok with it now, try taking her 2 one of ur ultrasound appointments that should help change her mind seeing the baby like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN