Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

SPD and Pre-term labor???

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

So I have had SPD since I was 16/17 weeks along. I also started having braxton hicks contractions since about 20 weeks. I had both of these with my daughter but neither began until I was about 36 weeks which is a normal range of developing the symptoms- or so I have been told. I am now 25 weeks and still have both. My question is for those of you who know about SPD could it be causing the braxton hicks or is it known to cause pre-term labor? I ask because my last doctors appointment was Monday and my OB asked me to start scheduling my appointments 2 weeks apart, a little early for appt's so often in my mind at just 24-25 weeks. She also told me to try and take it easier the rest of this week, but that after this point with medical help my baby will be able to survive outside of my body. She says take it easy and Im a stay at home mom of 1...I really would not consider myself and active person haha  but still have braxton hicks contractions. I mean my level of exercise includes going to the grocery store, cooking lunch, or going upstairs in my house to do laundry, and sitting on Cafemom and she wants me to do less...She didnt seem to express concern to my face, but I noticed and was interested in why she might be saying these things and that maybe women with SPD have a higher rate of preterm labor. I dont seem to be finding very much just googling it???  Oh but she did give me a flyer of things that may be signals for labor. I appreciate your answers =D 

Pregnancy%20ticker

by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 7:33 PM

No it wont cause pre term labor.  Braxton hicks can happen as early as 9 weeks in pregnancy and they usually come early with subsequent deliveries.  It is just what your body is doing but you are not at risk.  I have SPD and BH all the time.  Go to the chiropractor it helps the SPD sooooooo much.

alliesaurus
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:01 PM

good to know! Thanks! A Chiropractor sounds good!

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM

It is wonderful, I go 1 time a week and it has made a huge difference I am still sore but not crippled.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN