Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

7 weeks pregnant..and my sex drive is in the toilet..my man is NOT happy...HELP!!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

Ok so im pregnant w/ my first child and im 7 weeks along. I have like absolutely no urge to have sex WHATSOEVER. My fiance has been trying to be patient and understanding w/ the mood swings and eating every 2.5 sec. being tired all the time and crying randomly and the not wanting to have sex...EVER. But now i can tell hes REALLY getting annoyed and feeling like i dont love him anymore and I feel really bad, i dont want him to feel like that at all, i love him w/ all my heart, i just cant help it. We are having sex, i just have no want or desire, i just am not into it like i used to be and im really getting worried.. what do i do??? HELP ladies!

by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moonwhispers
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:35 PM
Just reassure him constantly that you still love him. Maybe have some close contact that isn't sexual. Maybe just make him a nice dinner and snuggle up together on the couch and enjoy each others company. Maybe it's not so much that he wants sex, maybe he would just like some close contact. You can also do little things for him you know ;) doesn't have to be full blown sex just a BJ every now and again I'm sure he would appreciate. Just keep in mind that once this baby is here you aren't going to be able to spend the same amount of time together so enjoy it while it lasts!!
firstimepreg30
by Member on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I wish I could help you.  I am definately in the same boat..Except, were not...  Only once since I found out..   I have been so moody lately, seems like everything he does bothers me..   like the way he chews, drives, talks, etc..   I feel bad but sometimes I am just a straight B to him...   I hope this stops soon.   Please let me know if you find a solution..

CafeMom Tickers
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Don't worry it will come back! I understand the no desire thing.  Quite frankly who could be horny with sore boobs, and every ten seconds something is making you puke?  When you hit your second trimester your drive will probably return with a vengeance.

lovingeveryday
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:37 PM

sadly a lot of women go through the same thing and there is no sure fire cure or remedy.  It is part of pregnancy that can come and go throughout the entire pregnancy.  Just do your best to find other ways to reassure him that you love him and enjoy being with him.  The part of sex that gives him the feeling of being loved and wanted is the intimacy, not the act of sex itself.  You can be intimate without having sex. 

JessicaBays
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:39 PM

It honestly is pretty normal with everything you're going through... I am almost 18 weeks now, but when i was 6-7 I was so just so exhausted and sick. The sex was definitely not as much. The good news is, there are so many ways to be intimate other than have sex.. cuddling, kissing etc. I'd try to not force yourself but just to wait till the mood strikes you and POUNCE on him. lol.. :)

soulawakening82
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I was the same with DS, and this pregnancy, but once the 2nd trimester hit, DH couldn't keep up with me! Reassure him that it's normal, and that you love him, and that chances are, that will all change in a few weeks.

Lizmd220
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM

i keep explaining all this to him but i think he seriously thinks that ive fallen out of love w/ him. which isnt the case at all, hes my heart and my world and my best friend. its relaly upsetting but like what firstimepreg30 said, EVERYTHING he does, says or the way he talks or acts or w/e DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! lol i feel so bad, but this morning sickness is HORRIBLE, i am literally puking morning noon and night

littlepeele
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

don't worry you should get your sex drive back....he shouldn't take it so personally.... if he truly did understand the changes you are going through he shouldn't be taking it so hard....once you do start feeling better... you can do something sexy for him as a thankyou for being understanding....when i was about 4 months pregos.... i dressed up even with my little belly popping out to spice things up a little.....and it worked... he loved it and i was deff in the mood...... =).. things will get better

aydensmommy508
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Sounds exactly how I am.

Quoting firstimepreg30:

I wish I could help you.  I am definately in the same boat..Except, were not...  Only once since I found out..   I have been so moody lately, seems like everything he does bothers me..   like the way he chews, drives, talks, etc..   I feel bad but sometimes I am just a straight B to him...   I hope this stops soon.   Please let me know if you find a solution..

EarthMommy10
by on Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Ditto.. the first 15 weeks I was sick as could be but after that I wanted it all day everyday until I physically could not have sex comfortably. Even now I want to but just cannot get a comfortable position going and this is when I need those prostaglandins.

Quoting soulawakening82:

I was the same with DS, and this pregnancy, but once the 2nd trimester hit, DH couldn't keep up with me! Reassure him that it's normal, and that you love him, and that chances are, that will all change in a few weeks.

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)