Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Ideas to make the end of pregnancy go faster post!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

Im 37w2d now, and have been having prodromal labour for about 2 weeks now. Im physically and emotionally exhausted.  Ive done laundry, cleaned, shopped, everything i can think of with as little energy as i have- i have been doing. I know im not the only one whos been here. This is my third baby, and i get super impatient near the end. So i thought maybe we could compile a list of things 'to do' in the last couple weeks before baby?

What I have done aside from those things above mentioned : Got a pedicure, Got my eyebrows waxed, highlights done, nails painted (so i look 'decent' when i meet my son for the first time!) :D

by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mvines1021
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

lol  i will be 37 weeks tomorrow and need the same advice!  i go for walks, make up errands to run, get pedicures and my nails done...at different times to make time pass! haha...do laundry clean things repeatedly!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM

i always spent days at the mall

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM

bump

tbower
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

bumpity bump!!

RodeoGirlUSA1
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Well I went until 42 weeks with my first...I spent a lot of time with friends and people I knew I wouldnt have time to see for a long time after the baby arrived. Going out to lunches, etc. I also spent a lot of time outside doing yardwork and things in the garden (mind you, this was in August so MUCH better weather) Another thought...pre-making meals for days you are too exhausted to do more than nuke something in the microwave or shove it in the oven?

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Get a massage?? Get another pedi (you can never have too many)?  Get a facial? Think of something that you LOVE doing but won't be able to do w/a NB (like going to a movie or having a date night w/DH)?Pack hospital and baby bag? Relax???

After that, I'm out.. I haven't even done most of what you have and I'm only 1wk behind you.. :o)

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM

That's a good idea too! Tho I'm too lazy to do it and most of our meals are quick, easy and NOT good after they've been frozen (LOTS of pasta!)

Quoting RodeoGirlUSA1:

Another thought...pre-making meals for days you are too exhausted to do more than nuke something in the microwave or shove it in the oven?

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I plan on making a months worth of meals and putting them in freezer/oven safe containers so that when the baby comes we don't have to worry about cooking, or eating out we can just spend time being a family while dinner heats up in the oven. That should take me 2 or 4 complete days to do.  I then will most likely wash all laundry and linen items, clean carpets, fans etc, set up changing stations, make sure all baby equipment is clean, sanitized and where I want it.  Once all that is done I am going to take my DD and the dog to the lake and play with them as much as possible before their worlds get messed up. 

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Oh yeah and I am going to go bear hunting , and salmon fishing as much as possible that will help

MommyRJ
by on Mar. 26, 2010 at 4:37 PM

idk, im only 26 weeks and im bored beyond words and impatient already!!!!!

maybe plan a couple weekend events to look forward to with your family? Plan a family dinner, or a night out with friends...

having things to look forward to OTHER Than the baby help time fly for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN