Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Labor frustrations!!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:52 AM
  • 3 Replies
I am sooo dissapointed today!!

I am 37 wekks with my third child.  The previous two I had to be induced at 42 weeks, I never went into natural labor. Both babies were big but Molly who was born last March was 9.2lbs!! Currently I am sooo uncomfortable and anxious to go into labor, I went to the mw on monday she checked and I was 3cm dilated and 70% effaced, she swepped my membranes.  Since monday I have been hoping and praying I would go into labor.  Yesterday at about 3:00 I starrted having some regular contractions but they werent too painful, I called and the mw said to come to the hospital. On the way there the contractions started coming closer together every 4 min. So I get to the hosp. hoping they are going to say oh yeah your in labor and maybe give me the pitocin if I need it to make my contractions a little stronger. NO, I was having contractions every 2-4 min. and they were getting a little stonger, but I was still at 3 cm, so THEY SENT ME HOME!!! I was sooo dissapointed! I wanted to go home with a baby!! I went to bed still having mild contractions, but woke up a few times in the night just feeling crampy and thats about it. I wish there was something I could do to get myself into active labor, we've tried sex, and walking, alot but when the contractions do come on they eventually go away.  I dont want to go to 42 weeks again!!! Help!!!
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:24 AM
I am so sorry!  Sometimes there just isn't a trick in the book that works!  You can try spicy food, raspberry tea... and all the ones you are trying and sometimes it just has to let nature take its course.  I know it is frustrating, I have been there!  Hang in there and know it won't be long!  I hope for you, the baby comes soon!
Starry_Morning
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Well it sounds like we are in the same boat.  I don't know why they are soooo against inducing.  I understand that "natural" labor is best, healthier, and the contractions aren't as strong, and so on & so forth. But with people like us with a history or BIG LATE babies, why not just do it??  They're obviously gonna have to induce anyway, why make us wait and be dreadfully uncomfortable when they could just induce us at 38 or 39 weeks and let us have 8 lb. babies??!  I'm so desperate I was considering trying the castor oil this weekend.  I'll let you know what happens.
proudwifenmom06
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 7:06 PM
hey!! the doctor did the same thing 4 me 2!! it was my first i was huge but not late but she did it cause she could tell i couldnt take ne more n she wanted to help me!!! i got it done on a monday as well... i cleaned thursday night n friday during the day n friday night i went into labor!!! so try cleaning!!! u still got more time 4 it 2 work cuz its up 2 5 days so0o good luck!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN