Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where's the white flag?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm ready to throw it in! I'm 34 weeks and had my appt today with my OB. For the last I'd say 4 or 5 days I have had the worst whatever it is that I have. I know I have a sinus infection because I'm always blowing my nose and it's gross! Now I'm getting constant nose bleeds and my lungs are killing me. Today I was on my feet a little and as soon as I got back to the house I got sick. In the last 2 days I have got 5 hours of sleep. Since I just got on state insurance I don't have a regular doc. I'm nervous about trying to see some random person this late in my pregnancy because they might just prescribe me whatever since they aren't really trained for baby issues. Anyways I'm debating on the ER. Sadly I have been there 4 times with this pregnancy because of contractions which they are even having trouble stopping now. What would you guys do? My OB isn't worth a crap when it comes to stuff like this.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CandleMommy09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I would probably just go into the ER and see what they could do..  As for your OB if you are not happy I would get a new one. I'm sorry you feel so bad.  Hope it gets fixed soon!

nazratred
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Good luck!  I haven't had a full nights sleep since Feb 8th!  My daughter has had croup, fevers, snotty noses, etc..and then I got bronchitis for 2 1/2 weeks..the crud is going around all over the US.  I live in Oregon and my BF in Ca. and her kids got just as sick.  I would try and get lots of rest if you can, drink potato skin broth (I can give you the recipe)..it's good and is packed with nutrition to cleanse your body, drink tons of water, up your vitamin C.  I know you feel like you are gonna die..lol..but you will make it!  You are gonna feel worse at ER cz you will be there for 7 hours and they will tell you that you have a cold or a flu and send you home with instructions to drink lots of fluids and get rest.  Good luck hon!

nazratred
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:40 AM

If you have a true sinus infection they will prescribe an antibiotic like Amoxicillan.  Think I botched the spelling.  But a runny nose can cause nose bleeds..I had them the entire time I was sick..drove me nuts!

MotherRachelle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:41 AM

With my daughter I was sick the whole last trimester practically. I would get on antibiotics, it would go away, then come back a week later even worse. I would go into the urgent care each time. For some reason my pregnant body just didn't want to heal. I went in to me induced at 41 weeks pregnant still fricken sick. Right after delivery though I almost instantly got better. I hope you don't have to deal with it as long as I did. GL.

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

if you think the er would help you then go. i dunno if they would give me anything here they'd pryjust say oh well we can't do anything you need to see ur reg dr

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Aww mama, feel better! :(

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Go to an urgent care, you will probably be seen quicker than the er.  Hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)