Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long do I have to wait?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

I just had my baby girl 6 days ago. I know that I cant exercise anytime soon but how long do I have to wait to start walking long distances and running? What about sit ups and stuff? Thanks in advanced!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:09 AM

i waited about a week to a week and half then i was walking on the treadmil. if it hurts stop, if ur tired stop. i would just start with walking. then around a month or so depending on how you feel start doing other things and listen to ur body

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM

You can start walking anytime!! But running and the rest you need to wait until your 6 wks checkup. You can have big issues from over excercising!

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:14 AM

lol Im still so sore that it hurts to walk! I wish I could walk more than I can. Im starting to get better but I heal slow. I was guessing around 4 weeks since thats when most people have sex but I am DEFINITELY waiting the whole 6 weeks to have sex. I had a episiotomy and it was not a little one lol

mrs.phillips123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:16 AM

walking and stuff is fine as long as your comfortable when you do it. as for situps etc, WAIT! wait until your body is ready and your dr gives you the go ahead.

i did these things too soon and ended up with 3 hernias, all resulting in surgery, pretty painful ones at that.

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I always waited 6 weeks. I hated that I would bleed if I exercised too much.

K.a.C.87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:11 AM

i say once you start feeling better :)

K.a.C.87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 AM

very true!!!!!! i bleed up until week 6 too!

my daughter i had a csection with her and bled until 4 months PP...OH MY, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

I am a 22 year old Wisconsin mama to my precious daughter, Eliahna Maree, and handsome little man, Bryant Allyn (sucessful VBAC). Loving fiance to Lee. Cloth diapering, ERFing, breastfeeding, NON-CIO, Non-Circumcising, Vaxing mommy turned to NON-VAXing!

Marah2008
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Quoting K.a.C.87:

very true!!!!!! i bleed up until week 6 too!

my daughter i had a csection with her and bled until 4 months PP...OH MY, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!

Quoting housefullofkidz:

Oh no your scaring me! I hope I dont bleed that long, 1 week is enough before getting pregnant!

Pandana
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:49 AM

Quoting housefullofkidz:

.............. I would bleed if I exercised too much.

This is what I was going to say. Let your "insides" recover LOL. That amount of time varies for everyone. Just like sex, some people will stop bleeding in a few short weeks and all their pain and swelling will be gone and they can resume many normal activities. Others need twice that long. Just listen to your body. Better to heal right the first time than push it too soon and have to wait longer.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)