Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you tell your husband you were pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM
  • 31 Replies

How did you tell your husband you were pregnant? Any creative or unique way you told him?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ballababy177
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:30 AM

Well, w/ our dd we were trying. So he was standing outside the bathroom door as I peed on the stick. With our ds (pregnant w/ now) I txt his co workers cell (he didn't have his on him) and asked to speak to hubby. He called, I told him what I needed to tell him would be better in a pic. And that I was so sorry. I sent him a pic of the positive test. He replied w/ "I thought u were gonna send me a pic of my flatscreen all busted up." lol.

StarLightMaddie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:35 AM

Well  I had my DD hold the Pregnancy Test At the window So My Hubby Could See It Before He Walked In The Door From Working A 12 Hour Day Since He's A COP.

It Made His Day Since His Day Didn't Go So Well At Work.

He Was Totally Shocked To See The Pregnancy Test In My Daughter's Hands And She Turns 2 Years Old On Easter Sunday.

kittin002002
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:35 AM

I woke up late at night and on a whim took a test when its time was up there was a faint line,  i was tired and we had been TTC for so long i didnt know if i was seeing things or not.  So i woke him up and asked him if he saw the line too.  He said he did but it was so faint he didnt trust it and went back to sleep.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:37 AM

not creative at all. i kicked him in the butt to wake him up and said "honey...does that look like a line to you??" :oP

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 AM

With our first I just told him, I was 16 and freaking out. Our second I took the test to him I couldn't say anything I was excited and nervous. We agreed to try once and if it didn't happen then we would wait. Our third I was freaking out cause he had just left for a deployment so I just text him. He kinda knew before cause I told him I was kinda thinking maybe I could be since I was so sick and AF was late but it could also be stress. nothing creative I was to shocked lol

steph2884
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:59 AM

The first time I was pregnant I wasn't expecting it at all. I thought my period just came a couple of days early, but I only had light bleeding for a day and it stopped, which never happened to me before. I waited for it to return but it didn't. I told my husband then that I thought I was pregnant. We went out to Walgreens late on a Sunday night to get a pregnancy test. It was positive before I stopped peeing on it. The second time I was pregnant I just knew I was. My husband didn't wear a condom and didn't feel like pulling out (tmi) one morning and I wasn't on bc at the time. I had a left over digital test from an earlier late period that ended up just being a late period. I took the test 3 days before I was even supposed to get my period and it was positive. It was the middle of the day on a Friday and I didn't want to call my husband while he was working. I took a picture of the positive test and made it up to be the background on the computer. When he came home I made him get on the computer and he saw it. That is about as creative as I got! I was just too excited to do anything elaborate.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
palemoon21
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 AM

I bought a bunch of "New Dad" & "Pregnancy" books.....wrapped them up with my BFP and gave him a card from his unborn child. It was sweet and he loved it! Shocked as hell....but happy. :)

megan2002
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Not really creative, but we had an argument and we both said somethings that we now regret.  My hubby was getting ready to leave to go to the bar to cool off and I yelled something about how he was walking out on his family.  We went and bought a test and the line came out really faint, you almost couldn't see it.  So I took a second one the next morning and the line came out clear as day!!  I shook him awake and shoved the stick in his face and told him he was gonna be a dad and he better get used to the idea soon!!  When we finally got the confirmation from the doctor he could not have been happier!!

ArMyWiFe9506
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:46 AM

I didnt get a chance cause the hubby knew before I did! LOL says it was cause he was eating like a pig again lol

in love stork

Wife to a loving soldier and mommy to be to a precious gift from God!

save the date

pregnancy week by week

tiernansmummy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:58 AM

We were trying for over 2 years so i got sick of seeing all the negatives and got hubby to check the results, so he knew before me that i was pregnant lol :P Not much help sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)