Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many loads ?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

How often do you do laundry?

Everyday? If so how many loads?

Only on the weekends?

Does the left sock monster live in your dryer too?

Have you made a deal with DH/SO that if he does the laundry that you do the dishes? Did DH/SO turn your whites into pink to get out of forever doing laundry? (mine did, lol!)

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angieluvsolivia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:56 AM

I do laundry atleast 3 times a week!  Usually if I keep up on it only 1/2 loads at a time.  I have no idea where those darn socks go but my cat also takes off with socks so we are constatly buying new ones!!  DH lives and works out of state so it's all me all the time!

MelzyD
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:58 AM

My DH usually does the laundry, he probably does a load everyday.  We never really discussed it, it has just always been that way since we got married.  It has been a long time since we have lost a sock, probably since the last time I did a load, lol!  I seem to make more of the laundry mistakes than he does. 

chance010507
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM

i have to do laundry everyday to keep up our washer is stupid and it takes about 2 hours to wash about five things, its real tiny and Italian so i have no idea what its doing. then i have to line dry everything. i hate doing laundry but its gotta be done. i do about two loads a day. Husband doesn't go near there unless i am having a terrible day and cant get to it. He is pretty good at chores so i dont have to worry about him doing something crazy.

Capricorn89f
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:13 AM

I do mine once a week. live in an apt so have to go to the laundry mat. do about 3-4 loads. yes sock monster lives at the mat too. hubbi does laundry every once in a while, he mostly works. hasnt turned anythink pink yet but my brother has so he didnt have to do laundry lol

TemptMagick7
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:23 AM

We are a family of 7, laundry was a daily thing in our house, sometimes 2 or 3 loads a day until I went through everyones clothes and just gave everyone ten outfits and placed each (jean and shirt) on a hanger together. That way there is no tossing clothes around looking for an outfit, and clean clothes end up on the floor. Now the kids just reach in the closet, grab a outfit. As far as socks, they will go in a mesh bag and get washed in it. That way there is no losing socks and no trying to figure out who's is who's. I now do about 4 loads a week. (towels, whites, and two colors)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:04 AM

it feel like im always doing laundry and never get caught up.  and yes the sock monster lives in the dryer.  we have tried to find him and make him pay, but we have yet to find his hide out.  everyday it seems like it is laundry day speaking of which i have to go switch loads right now

mstevens10
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Usually every other day and I'll have 1 or maybe 2 batches.

Ashpatch
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:16 AM

once a week

TDausman
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:25 AM

I am never done with laundry.I try to get one or two loads done a day, but it doesn't always work. Some how our family of three can go through 8 loads of laundry in a week. DH is allowed to do the laundry, but not fold it. He's too messy for that!

Sarahv717
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM
I do laundry twice a week. One day it's 9 loads, due to bedding and towels and the other day is 5 loads. My DH only does laundry when he has gone 4wheeling and has covered himself in mud. I refuse to do those clothes. Although he does know how to do laundry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)