Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

losing weight as entering third trimester?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

is this cause for concern? i weigh myself daily and i just noticed that i lost three pounds in the last two days? i am 27 weeks now, should i be concerned? or is it probably just one of those things that i can brush off? everything is looking fine elsewhere baby is kicking and happy, i feel fine, blood pressure is great...etc. 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommieof4girlz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

bump

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM

i guess i wouldnt worry.  i would just mention it to your OB at your next visit.  my weight fluxuates too and as i get closer and closer to the end when the baby is taking a lot more, i find i loose even more weight.

MandaLynn05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:23 AM

This happened to me too.  With my last pregnancy.  I was about a week into the 3rd trimester and noticed a 5 lb loss between appts with my Midwife.  She attributed it to the fact that I was just finally starting to regain some energy lost in the first 2 trimesters, and other than the weight loss everything else was fine.  By 38 weeks I had gained it all back and then some.  I wouldn't worry if I was you.

I'm at 23 weeks right now, and wondering if I will have the weight loss again.  I am starting to notice an increase in energy, which means I'm moving more..cleaning more, getting the new nursery ready, and exercising more now that I feel up to it.  I have an appt in a couple weeks, so we will see how it goes.???

GL with everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)