Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 hour glucose test....UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I guess no news is good news in this case. I did the test on Monday and I have not heard from them, and I know they get the results the next day. I think they only call if you failed, I have an appt on the 9th you don't think they would wait that long to tell me do you?

Just curious if you guys found out right away or if they waited to tell you? Maybe I should call down there and bug them about it to find out, I just hate waiting to know for sure! I probably should have asked before I left on Monday if they call you if it comes up negative, she did say if it is positive they will call me and start my diet and test my sugars.

TIA

WOO HOO I PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS, I JUST CALLED AND SHE SAID THEY DONT CALL IF YOU PASSED THEY JUST LET YOU KNOW AT YOUR NEXT APPT. I AM SO HAPPY, I THINK I MAY GO EAT A PAYDAY CANDY BAR.

CafeMom Tickers                    

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
racala
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Call - i did the next day to find out my results

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Quoting racala:

Call - i did the next day to find out my results

I am sure I will end up calling, I just thought if I was positive they would have called by now. I  guess I am just going to assume that I passed for now, nothing wrong with positive thinking right?

CafeMom Tickers                    

Zhi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I'd call if I were you. Just to make sure!

happymama2D
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 AM

My first pregnancy it took them almost 2 weeks to call.  I totally thought I was in the clear.  They called me on a Monday morning to tell me it was positive, and I remember I had eaten a TON of cake at a picnic the day before.  lol ... that was my grand finale before I started my diet.

With this pregnancy I went in for the 3 hr test on a Saturday, and they told me the results that Wednesday, but I was there for an appointment and asked.  I think sometimes when they have so many patients, things like that can get overlooked, so I would call for sure.

Good luck!

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Bump for update

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!  congrats!!!!!!!!!  enjoy your candy bar...sounds good i think im going to eat one in honor of you passing but it is going to be a twix or snickers.  :)

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Quoting meam4444:

whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!  congrats!!!!!!!!!  enjoy your candy bar...sounds good i think im going to eat one in honor of you passing but it is going to be a twix or snickers.  :)

LOL now that is a celebration I can get behind, I might have to have a snickers tommorow for good measure. Guess Trent is going out to the store again, poor guy!

CafeMom Tickers                    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)