Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New to Cafemom and currently on bed rest...looking for support

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:43 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm currently 18 weeks pregnant and on bed rest due to placenta previa and subchroinic bleeding, which has caused several problems throughout my pregnancy.  The doctors are also saying that there is a higher chance that my baby may be born premature.  I'm so scared and bored sitting here at home.  My mom is retired and has been great as far as taking care of me and I have plenty of friends that have come by and offered assistance with housework, cooking, etc., but I still feel so depressed.  Is anyone else in the same boat or have you had a similar experience? Thanks!
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy0327
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM
I really don't have s imilar experince ( being on bed rest etc.) But I do know God ill take care of you and your child. He wouldn't give us anything he didn't think we could handle. Your baby is going to be perfect no matter what. Just keep smiling and it will all be taken care of. Laughing
Sofiasmom
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Hi, I was in your shoes two years ago and I know how scared you are.  You just need to stay positive and busy.  Do you read?  How about knit or crochet?  and stay connected to this site and the other moms.  I will be praying for you!  And, if you want to IM or email me that would be fine.  Just contact me and I will give you my info.  Hang in there!
texmexmom
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 12:33 PM
I was in your shoes 5 yrs ago!! not fun!! I read alot read what to expect the 1st year!! you'll have it read in no time!! have a couple of your friends read some of oprahs books from her club w/ you and disuss it!! have a tea party in your rm!! fina a Mary kay lady and have her come over and pamper you , your mom and a couple frinds!! BUT STAY in bED!! I practiced my needlepoint too!! one thing that helped me was to get dressed everyday and leave my bedroom and go tot he lving rm!! and sit /lay on the couch. I also would lay on the lounge cghair in the backyard!! getting sun helps take away depression!! I think it's the vitamin d??? can't remeber!! but get sun!! and once a week plan a trip, a short 30 min trip to like a sandwich shop or walmart get all dressed up and just get out of the house. I say walmart beacuse they have wheel chairs and you can stay sitting down. dh took me to walmart alot and the mall!!but i could only be up for like 30 mins -- an hr at a time!! we called these our dates!! lol hope this gives you ideas!! Re: me if you get bored!! I'm 34 wks now and can hardly walk now !! lol but I can get online!! lol
MomofKarli
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 3:19 PM
Hey sweetie I know it is hard, but it WILL get better. I became pregnant with my daughter Karli only 5 months after having surgery b/c of minor cervical cancer... I was put onto bed rest for th entire pregnancy and there were many fears of me not carrying her full term. I personally looked for some kind of work I could do from home, and had no luck until recently (right before I became pregnant with my second child I was blessed to have found a company from home) - then I decided to go back to school online. It kept my mind buisy with online classes, and got through it...

I know it is rough! Karli was born 7 weeks early and fully healthy, she is a blessing. You will get through it, I just suggest you find something to keep your mind occupied, whether a work from home opportunity that does not require much or classes online.

Feel free to contact me any time you need someone to talk to! Good luck!
praying4mybaby
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Thanks everyone!  All of your suggestions were wonderful and I'll be sure to try some of them out.  I recently was able to start working from home for my job, so this has been able to keep me occupied and feeling like I'm half way productive! :-)  I'll keep you posted as I go along.  Chances are I will be stuck here for a while.  Thanks again!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN