Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its almost Easter!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

What are your family traditions for Easter? do you hide eggs? do you buy gifts for each other? do you hide the baskets? any funny Easter stories or pictures?? I want to hear and see it all!!

Happy Easter!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grapejelly
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:19 AM

i don't think we'll do much this year for easter.. maybe visit my parents, but no kids in the house so no egg hiding yet.  Next year I'll hide some eggs for my little one.. she'll be 8 months by then I think :)

danielsmommy2b
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM

We always dye eggs the night before... then go to bed early.

We get up early Easter morning and the "Easter Bunny" brings his suprises. We get ready and go to church. Then to my MIL's for dinner and Easter Egg Hunt. That's about it...

Last year our Easter didn't go so well... Both kids had Influenza B on Easter. Hoping everyone stays well this year!

2009 | Abigail sick... :( | ~Devin~

Megara
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM
DH and I used to always make each other Easter baskets before we had Katherine, now we just buy tons of candy! DH looooves Cadbury Creme Eggs so we go through a lot of those. I like the caramel eggs and Jelly Belly jelly beans. Katherine loves anything chocolate!
Chrissy9479
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM

awww poor boys!!! i hope this year goes much better!!

Quoting danielsmommy2b:

We always dye eggs the night before... then go to bed early.

We get up early Easter morning and the "Easter Bunny" brings his suprises. We get ready and go to church. Then to my MIL's for dinner and Easter Egg Hunt. That's about it...

Last year our Easter didn't go so well... Both kids had Influenza B on Easter. Hoping everyone stays well this year!

2009 | Abigail sick... :( | ~Devin~

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM

We get up and let them get their baskets, and then we get ready for church. We come home and they get to do an easter egg hunt and then we have easter lunch/dinner. Then we just kind of hang out the rest of the day and veg out on candy and eggs, and of course leftovers from lun/din!

CafeMom Tickers                    

Cecilydw
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:30 AM

The girls will get their baskets full of candy and a stuffed bunny, then we will get ready to go to church,go to church,  then to my Grandma's, eat lunch, hide and hunt for easter eggs, then head to my husbands grandma's, eat again (cause its rude not to lol), let the kids hide and find eggs again, get ready for church again, go to church, come back and eat at my husbands grandma's again, go home, everyone take a bath and go to bed!!  It's going to be a LOOOONG day, just like every other holiday!  But this year two days after Easter, we are going to have our little boy!  I am scheduled for a C-Section Tuesday! 

Chrissy9479
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Well with my parents they always hid our easter baskets lol, they stopped doing eggs because we would miss some and find them 6 months later with rotten candy in them lol. so they just hid the baskets. we found them in some weird places let me tell you! haha! and then we always dye easter eggs a day or two before. and then we always got a small gift, one year we got kites and frisbees. nothing spectacular but always fun!

this year we are going to all celebrate at my parents house because Ryan is still to small to really know, so we will probably dye eggs and then have dinner and just hang out.

oh my favorite easter was when we went to my cousins house and the easter bunny left footprints all through the house! haha it was fun :)

Chrissy9479
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM

thats a very good Easter gift!!!

Quoting Cecilydw:

The girls will get their baskets full of candy and a stuffed bunny, then we will get ready to go to church,go to church,  then to my Grandma's, eat lunch, hide and hunt for easter eggs, then head to my husbands grandma's, eat again (cause its rude not to lol), let the kids hide and find eggs again, get ready for church again, go to church, come back and eat at my husbands grandma's again, go home, everyone take a bath and go to bed!!  It's going to be a LOOOONG day, just like every other holiday!  But this year two days after Easter, we are going to have our little boy!  I am scheduled for a C-Section Tuesday! 

ryansmommy07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM

we are going to my brother in laws for dinner ! I cant turn down food righ now !

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I'm making a bunny cake and coloring eggs with my nephews Saturday afternoon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)