• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS THIS LABOR?!?!?!?! UPDATE

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM
  • 14 Replies

How would you describe your labor pains when you went into labor? Is it possible for your labor to start even if you haven't had any blood (mucous plug) or water breaking? I am 6 days from my due date and I have been cramping a good bit since Tuesday evening, but they haven't become regular and I haven't seen any blood or anything. I'm not sure if its labor or not and to be honest, I don't want to look stupid going to the dr & they tell me that I'm still dilated to 1 CM- I have already called and am waiting to hear back from the nurse, but in the mean time..has anyone else ever dealt with this?

UPDATE: Went in today and they hooked me up to the monitor and said my contractions are in a perfect labor pattern...just not strong enough to dilate my cervix yet..so I am walking.....Any other ideas are greatly welcome : )

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket "...What you think is what you get. Life will support whatever you choose, so choose only the best and highest good for yourself. You are definitely worth it.
This can be a year of great joy. Approach it that way. Put as much joy into your life as possible. Have fun in everything you do. Make new friends. Be social. Spread sunshine. If you express joy, Life will express to you, too." - Louise L. Hay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megara
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Could be early labor!  I had contractions for about a week before active labor began.  Early labor can last for a week, and the more work you get done before active labor starts the better!

brittnEashley
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM

NO ONE?

Stevied13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

with my 1st my contration were not very strong and i contrated for 1 1/2 wk. my dr told me if i had 10 in an hour to call. i had no bloody show or anything and my dr broke my water after he admitted me at 6cm. by the day i went to my appt (the day i was admitted) my contrations were very uncomfortable and i was sitting in my college classes not wanting to be there. it could be, but if you can just relax and stay home as long as you can it could help your delivery. you could try some walking to help labor along. GL

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM

i would just keep eye on those contractions...and if they get more regular with getting more intense also..i would definately give you doc a call.  chances are your body is just getting ready for the real thing. 

if the cramps are causing a lot of pain though, it wouldnt hurt to give a call too.

jessihernandez
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM

I've been having contractions for 2.5 weeks now. Just lost my plug. I'm really hoping active labor starts soon. The doc said the contractions can last weeks, I'm praying I'm done soon. I'm ready to meet my little girl!

HamBergerMama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I had strong contractions for almost 2 days before I had any bloody show or my water broke. But was very crampy, bachachy. (I think the reason it lasted so long with Alex was that he was posterior.)

Sounds like could be early labor to me!!! Keep an eye on them and try to rest!

Mommy to Alexander Jayce 05.21.09 and Kalea Brielle EDD 06.15.2009pregnancy

jun10modgn1l by you.

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:55 AM

i didnt have any blood or anything with my third until my water broke then after that nothing until she came out

brittnEashley
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Thanks for all of this- it makes me feel better about calling the nurse! =) I was under the assumption that it wasn't labor until you saw blood and contractions were steady.

USMCwife22
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM

I am oe of those people that didnt have contactions until hours before the baby came, and I never saw any blood or saw my mucus plug...sounds like early labor though like everyone else is asying..GL :)

mommy2alexis79
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I agree with the other mamas. It sounds like it could be early labor. I didn't have painful contractions until my water broke @ 1:36am. It hought they were just BH. No blood & i never lost my mucus plug. I got to the hospital at 3:30am & my baby was born at 4:25am. When i was in triage I was 5cm & by they wheeled me 20 feet down the hall I was 10cm & pushing. Good luck & keep us posted :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)