Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange at work....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM
  • 2 Replies

I'm 10 & 1/2 weeks pregnant...

...Okay getting to the point, I work in Liberty insurance (spain) and also do translating for my brother-in-law's solicitor office, so I've been translating quite a bit this week and an English client gave me a tip, I didn't know until my BIL text me to say he left me 50euros which is an equivalent to 70dollars which is alot for just a tip!! This guy isn't short of money and I'm very very grateful.
But I feel like my BIL isn't too happy seeing 'they're' the ones who do the most important jobs rather than what I do. I feel like I've done wrong and they're kinding acting like if I've lied, as in I've asked the guy to pay me for translating (which is not true). I don't expect anything from anyone, my job is my job. No matter how much translating i do, I get paid the same every month etc.

When he gave me the 50 euros, I asked him what the client said, and all he replied was 'he just said to give this to you' and then shrugged as if I was LYING !!
I did tell the client I was expecting seeing as I've known him over a year now so we always have little chats. The client is well in his 60's so I assume he was being generous knowing that my salary is probably what he earns in a day....

Am I overreacting??

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mvines1021
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 AM

it was the client's choice to give you a tip...you had nothing to do with it...your BIL should not be mad at you.  maybe he just resents the client for giving you such a big tip!

charlene_x
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM

That's true, it's not everyday someone tips you like that. I've never ever got a tip!! But I still thinks that my BIL thinks that I've charged the client on the side :(

Thanks x

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)