• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last night was the VERY first time this happened...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

Last night was absolutely HORRID for me... I am 34 weeks pregnant, and I've been uncomfortable this whole pregnancy. But last night I was SO hormonal, I kept crying, but was SO tired and couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't get comfortable for HOURS. My DH had to work, so he couldn't get up with me each time I was hovering over the toilet, which seemed like every 30 minutes...

So, he had to get up at 3:15 for work, and I fell back asleep after his alarm went off. But when he came to tell me good bye, before he left, I couldn't get myself to fall back asleep... I just couldn't get comfortable, and was tossing and turning... On top of that, my back has been killing me and I can't figure out why, but it's always the same spot... In the middle, on the right. It feels like someone is stabbing me... NO JOKE.

I guess that was just a vent and I needed to let it out.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
charlene_x
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Baby is probably straining your back like anything now, especially heading towards the end of the pregnancy. Too it's going to get really uncomfortable at nights, have you tried using a pillow between your legs and under your belly while sleeping. Try not to do too much at night, keep it calm and try having relaxing baths before you go to bed. Also lay off anything that has high sugar or caffeine in the evenings, that could keeping you up too. Goodluck :)

AmandaAwesome
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Thanks :) I don't usually drink caffeine and if I do, it's during the day. I always take a bath before bed, unless I'm washing my hair. And I WILL try the pillows. I have plenty of them.

As far as keeping calm, it's hard when you have a toddler to run after, lol :)

Quoting charlene_x:

Baby is probably straining your back like anything now, especially heading towards the end of the pregnancy. Too it's going to get really uncomfortable at nights, have you tried using a pillow between your legs and under your belly while sleeping. Try not to do too much at night, keep it calm and try having relaxing baths before you go to bed. Also lay off anything that has high sugar or caffeine in the evenings, that could keeping you up too. Goodluck :)

Chrissy9479
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM

the pillows helped me tons!!! the only thing i could do to get myself to fall asleep was to turn on the weather channel lol, it always put me to sleep! haha. 

wildsissy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

can you go to a pool in your area?  I've found that any back pain I've had going to the pool and doing what I can (my best "swim" is a dog paddle) really helps.

Also, could it be a kidney infection?

mvines1021
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

i had that stabbing pain at 34 weeks too lol..i went to the doc because it lasted for like an hour at a time!! turns out it was nothing lol...feel better...oh and ipropped myself up on the couch with tons of pillows! :)

AmandaAwesome
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I don't think so. It's more the middle of my back and doesn't feel like where my kidneys are.

And I live on base since my husband is USAF and they are resonstructing the aquatic center :( It will be ready by summer, so it just sucks for me, lol.

Quoting wildsissy:

can you go to a pool in your area?  I've found that any back pain I've had going to the pool and doing what I can (my best "swim" is a dog paddle) really helps.

Also, could it be a kidney infection?

charlene_x
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:17 PM

I'm only 10 1/2 weeks and im already using a pillow between the legs, I get so uncomfortable. I used it all the time when I was pregnant with my first.

Oh and I know about a toddler!! I have one, a little monkey for sure!!

Quoting AmandaAwesome:

Thanks :) I don't usually drink caffeine and if I do, it's during the day. I always take a bath before bed, unless I'm washing my hair. And I WILL try the pillows. I have plenty of them.

As far as keeping calm, it's hard when you have a toddler to run after, lol :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)