• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spilling the beans?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

When did you spill the beans to your family/friends that you were/are pregnant?

I had a miscarriage towards the end of last year and after my period this month (due tomorrow or so) we are going to be TTC our 4th child. If we get pregnant this month, it will be very fun because hubs is going on a business trip from the 26th to the 30th and technically I could start testing on the 26th and would have a postive at least by the 30th... so i'd either be able to tell him when he got home from his trip OR my doc can do an ultrasound for me when I would be 6 or so weeks along (which will be right by his b-day on 5-20... and I could give him the picture from the ultrasound showing the baby and that there is (God willing) a heartbeat.

So, I have the hubs taken care of but I am wondering about family. We never really have waited to the 12 week mark to tell everyone... but I think it would be fun to wait longer this time around. I am kind of nervous about having an ectopic before and a miscarriage, in terms of... if we need support in case something happens, I don't want to drop 2 bombs on their laps, telling them we are/were pregnant and now we are losing it. But part of me thinks that waiting would be so much fun. I have lots of fun ideas of HOW to tell them, I just don't know WHEN. I doubt I COULD keep it a secret until July, but his parents are coming then... but i'd be around 16 weeks pregnant. I'll probably see my parents and siblings that month, also... so I could tell them all then.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM

we always told right away it was hard to keep it a secret lol

scaredoflabor
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM

sorry for you loss. Ive lost 3 so This time around we waited. Im almost 16 weeks prego and still havent told anyone. Mom found out on her own becuase of my messup but toldher not to tell anyone. and hubby told his brother. I dont plan to tell anyone until we find out the sex

LoveMyBlessings
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

I just saw that the 3d/4d ultrasound place near me does gender ultrasounds starting at 16 weeks... if we choose to find out the sex, I was thinking it would be cool to get one done and when my inlaws get here, leave the ultrasound pic out with the title, "It's a boy!" or "it's a girl!". I will be between 16 and 17 weeks while they are here... so it would work. I just might have to do that!

Quoting scaredoflabor:

sorry for you loss. Ive lost 3 so This time around we waited. Im almost 16 weeks prego and still havent told anyone. Mom found out on her own becuase of my messup but toldher not to tell anyone. and hubby told his brother. I dont plan to tell anyone until we find out the sex

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM

With my first, I told the day I found out.

With my second, I waited 2 weeks.

With this baby we waited until 18 weeks. Long story but I liked keeping it a secret until then.

alamomo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I'm six weeks right now, bu I had a m/c in September so we are waiting until after my ultrasound to tell everyone. That's not until April 26th though! I hate waiting, I want to tell everyone so bad!!

mommyziegler
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM

i usually tell the second i get the positive.

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                               its a boy

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    Baby boy due June 2, 2010

Tabitha21
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:42 PM

a couple people the day of and the rest a few days after

KTLange
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Just 2 ppl the day we found out and our parents the next week and then sparatically told the rest of our friend and family, still not fully out in the open because we're telling more of his family on Easter. :)

MissKrystal
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM

I am almost 14 weeks right now, and still haven't told! We are telling everyone on May 20th so I will be 20 wks 4 days at that point!! We have a fun idea on how to tell which is why we are doing it on that day...why we are waiting is a long story!! Only my dad, a sister, and 2 friends know! It isn't that hard for me though because no one lives near!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)