• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

glucose test ?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 8 Replies

i just had my 1 hr glucose test done last night and they called me with the resullts today. they said it's a little high so now i have 2 do the 3 hr one. ugh something i really didn't want to do. i think if was really high they would have been more concerned but they weren't. i think there double checking to be safe. so my question is was anyone elses a little high and they made you take the 3 hr one and you came back good?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
K.a.C.87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM

i heard the 2nd one usually comes back good. idk for sure thou...bump

Anlice
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:06 PM

yeah me!  for my 2nd son.  it was high.  So they made me to the 3 hour one.  Only thing I can say it whie you do it. Drink LOTS of water.  

K.a.C.87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:08 PM

i took the 3hr test just because i ate during the one hr one and it came back high...but iended up puking up the 3hr test because it was WAYYYY too sweet for me!! EXP having to fast the night before

luvmylife5
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I just took the 3 hour on Mon and I am all good, I failed the 1 hour by just a few points. GL momma I hope it works out for you.

Jozzie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:46 PM

i'm having my 1 hour one done today... wish me luck

foxymom2b
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM

they didn't even tell me how many points it was. good luck jozzie! i really don't want to be at the doctors for no 3 hrs boring..........

pickettsgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

yep. happened to me with my first pregnancy. i didnt eat the recommended toast, no sugar that morning, blah blah blah (i had cinnamon toast crunch lol)... and it ended up being too high by just a bit and i had to go back in. the next one turned out normal. hope yours goes well

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Most people that fail the first one pass the 3 hour test, only 1% of the pregnant population actually end up with GD.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)