• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not so good Ultrasound today:(

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM
  • 30 Replies

Okay so i went in for my 37 week ultrasound and everything was going well until they started scanning the heart. I automatically knew something was up becuase they kept scanning and scanning that area. 3 different tech came in and then a pediatric cardiologist came to talk to me as well. They found something what they call "torturus ductus" and they told me that they will need to possibly do 2 ultrasounds and echos on the baby after she is born. And she will be transferred to the NICU while they check her out and see if everything is okay. I am so sad. I wont get to hold my baby after she is born and she will be away from me for a couple of days and i probably wont be able to breastfeed, unless i pump. I have a 2 yr old daughter that was also born with a VSD and had to have open heart surgery to repair her defect not to long ago. I am so dissapointed. Please pray for my baby and that everything turns out good. I will be induced on april 21st but i think i may go into labor earlier due to having already contractions. Thanks girls

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erika2408
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:11 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that she will have to go to the NICU it must be very hard on you and your family, I hope all turns out well and that baby will be ok. 

tomary
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I will pray for you.

CafeMom Tickers
Allebas
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I am SO SORRY!!! I cannot imagine what you are going thru!! On the positive note--be THANKFUL we live in these modern times with GREAT medical advances that CAN save your precious baby!!! I will pray for you and your baby!! Hang in there!! HUGS!!!

All4OneN1forAll
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

oh my gosh, sending prayers your way.. I can't imagine how hard that will be, but God Bless and I hope everything will be alright.

queenamy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I'm very sorry.. but remember while your baby is away they are doing the best for her to keep her with you for a long time :) everything will turn out fine and she'll be in your arms <3

VintageWife
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Oh wow...have you and your hubby done any genetic tests to determine why your babies are born with heart problems? I will pray that she will be alright.

kimmykim
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM

praying 

valrubio
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:22 PM

I'm so sorry. My last baby was born with 2 VSD's and an interrupted aortic arch. She was put immediately into the PICU and had open heart surgery a week after birth. I barely got to hold her and she didn't eat orally for months but I pumped and when she was well enough I worked hard on getting her breastfeeding.It was a nightmare and I wouldn't wish anyone to have to go through it. She is 18 months now and doing excellent. She just weaned from breastfeeding.

lette_with_2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM

good luck for you your new baby and your other daughter

Maliah_13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:58 PM

praying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)