• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Csections and Girdles?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 8 Replies

With my last two csection I just assume I couldnt wear a girdle... anyway I've been thinking of wearing one this time around but wonder if it's safe?

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia(RIP 09/05-11/09), Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
queenamy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

bump?

mommy0815
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

i would think it would bother the stitches or staples whatever you have...but if you mean after it healed...i dont see how it would hurt

MrsNewman
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

They put one of me after my c-sections, right in the operating room. It's supposed to help your uterus go back down.

queenamy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Thats what I thought. plus i thought it would help when you laugh lol...

oh also i got my staples taken out the next day. at least thats how my OBgyn does it

Quoting MrsNewman:

They put one of me after my c-sections, right in the operating room. It's supposed to help your uterus go back down.

Amy & Dago

Parents to Nadia(RIP 09/05-11/09), Sasha, and expecting #3!

Pregnancy Ticker

MrsNewman
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Quoting queenamy:

Thats what I thought. plus i thought it would help when you laugh lol...

oh also i got my staples taken out the next day. at least thats how my OBgyn does it

Quoting MrsNewman:

It does help. It feels alot better to have one on. I didn't have one with my first c-section but with my next two I did. It doesn't bother the staples at all.

MrsNewman
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I'll add you'll want more than one, the first couple days they get a little bloody ... 

jeeniegurl03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:07 PM

they put an elastic thing around my waist and it does help alot to give support and stuff when trying to get up and coughing and stuff. i usually wear it until my incision heals. about a week or so. but it keeps everything in place lol

queenamy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

thanks for the replies ladies, im glad to know it's safe and probably even better to use one!

I;ll probably pick up two of them.. nude and black color

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)