Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9th time the charm??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

I am currently 23 years old. When I was 16, I started dating a boy, got married to him when I was 18, and had 7 miscarriages with him and was pregnant with our 8th when I left him 2 years ago. Later that year our 8th was stillborn with a genetic disorder that I do not carry. He never went to get tested for it, but we are divorced now, so it doesn't really matter at this point. I had every test they could do done to me back then through all of that, and everything came back showing there is no reason that I shouldn't be carrying full term, but I am still nervous. This is my 9th pregnancy, and it is with a different man, so I am hoping for the best. I am still anxious, though. Even though there should be nothing wrong in this pregnancy, I am having a hard time getting as excited about it as I know I should be-as I WANT to be.

pregnancy calendar

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Jessicut
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I just wanted to wish you good luck!!!

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

*Hugs* I hope you have a healthy pregnancy this time.  It will probably take you a while to fully get excited and that's normal

KendraCay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Good luck mama! and welcome to the group! I've never had a miscarraige before but i'm sure they are hard to get over. Give it time, you'll get excited.

Jozzie
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:51 PM

good luck!

Army_Wife41
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Good luck to you! Keep a positive attitude, and try not to stress too much! I really hope good things come from this pregnancy for you.

Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Well, you never know. He could have a mutated gene that was causing the repeated miscarriages. It's not unheard of.

That was a while back when all of those tests were done, so i'm sure by now they've got new methods of helping your baby stick. Be relaxed and calm, and you'll see in time that this baby was meant to happen. :)

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Best of luck to you!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)