• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At how many weeks did you find out the sex?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM
  • 74 Replies

I have an ultrasound next Friday, it was originally supposed to be almost 3 weeks ago. So I wasn't able to ask my doctor what the chances are of finding out the sex. But it will be 1 day before I reach 17 weeks. Do you think that is too soon to find out? And if we do find out as long as baby cooperates do you think it would be less accurate than waiting until after 20 weeks?

The reason I am asking is that I had an ultrasound around 24 weeks with DS & they told me he was a girl. I think the tech just wasn't too smart though because I said I thought it kind of looked like a boy when she showed us the money shot. But it was my first and I really had no idea. I just went along with it because she said she was 98% sure. Luckily I had another around 30 weeks & found out she was a HE lol.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I found out at 20 weeks, and it was extremely obvious what i'm having.. 17 weeks is a little small, but you'll more than likely be able to tell.

Caligurl19
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

with my first 2 i was 18 weeks 6 days and this baby i was 19 weeks 6 days

splatz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Thanks ladies, anyone else?

eacemc2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM

well at first they said it was a boy then abt a month later said it was a girl then finally at 31 wks they finally confirmed it was girl she was sneeky lil thing hahahah now she will be here anytime  

vanna_k
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I found out at 16w5d :)

kstailey

21 weeks

rg87

Just over 18 weeks

ashlynsmom14

With DD I found out at 17/18 weeks I think.

pregnancy
charlene_x
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I was 19 weeks, I'm sure if your having a boy, at 17 weeks they should see his 'bits' !!! Goodluck, if not they'll be another time when you can find out :)

Invader_Tama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I was 21 weeks with this one and something like 28 weeks with my first, but I have a friend who was 14 weeks when they told her she was having a girl, and they double checked when she was 18 weeks and it was still a girl.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)