• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it normal...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

to have excruseating *sp?* pain in your hip? i can barely walk sometimes it hurts so bad.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pandapanda
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Totally normal. It's one of those lovely pregnancy things they don't tell you about!

ashlynsmom14
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

With my DD I had horrible pain in my hips and in my tailbone. And that started at 5 weeks. If I sat in a chair for awhile and tried to get up to walk I had to really ease myself out of the chair and wobble like my Grandma until it loosen up a little. It was cause it was my first pregnancy and my hips had to spread so far (I was a size 2 before DD, Not anymore tho!!!) I would just call your doc and see what they say. Alot of women have hip pain tho.

God Bless and Happy Pregnancy!!

pregnancy
MotherRachelle

I had it really bad with my daughter and it didn't go away after pregnancy. I started to see a chiropractor since I was having back problems anyways and he somehow made the pain stop. I love him, don't tell my fiance lol.

MissiHampt

Unfortunately, yes.  My right hip has never been the same since my first pregnancy.  Sometimes it feels like it just randomly falls out of place.  Hurts so bad and won't hold any weight at all.  I'm gonna go see an orthopedist as soon as I find the time, but I know it's definitely something leftover from the pregnancies.  The ligaments loosening, I guess.

pickettsgirl

it can be... always check with your OB though. I had sciatica and i had horrible stabbing pains that shot from my spine down my hips and it made my legs numb. i could barely walk. it went away after like a month, but it was worse than labor

kstailey
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

oh wow, ok thanks!  sometimes i dont even want to get out of bed lol

queenamy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

yes i get it from time to time depending on babys position of hitting a nerv

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)