Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swollen, dishcarge, *maybe tmi

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

im 27 weeks and down there is so swollen and has been for weeks(my hubby and i cant even have sex it hurts toooo bad), my hubby says its bright red, and i have discharge all the time. its a whitish discharge. when i look in the toilet after i pee it looks like milk is mixed in. there is no smell at all, no burning, or itching. discharge is normal for my pregnancys( i feel like i pee myself at least 3 times a day but its discharge) yet last time i went in the doctor told me it wasnt normal??!!

i had a yeast infection 2 weeks ago without any symptoms just a call from the doc telling me. i used Monistat as directed could it have not gone away?? should i call the doctor??

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CandleMommy09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I would definitely call the doctor.  That is not normal for it to be like that and you could still have an infection.

sparklebug86
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

swelling and heavy discharge can be normal but the fact that its red would concern me

Quoting CandleMommy09:

I would definitely call the doctor.  That is not normal for it to be like that and you could still have an infection.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Sarabear123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Yes you need to call your Dr. and they need to see you. I had a yeast infection with my 2nd pregnancy that lasted 3 months, with medication. They are awful!

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I had severe swelling but not discharge, I would call the doc. My swelling was normal.

MeganGallagher
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:27 PM

I had the same problem..  A yeast infection with out all of the symptoms.. My doc told me that during pregnancy, sometimes it never COMPLETELY goes away.. because yeast is so much higher during pregnancy.  he gave me a prescription, and I used it twice.. it is still there a little bit..  But i am just going to wait it out since i am due with in the next 2 weeks..  But I would ask the doc for a prescription if it is making you uncomfortable

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM

there is definatly something going on. I would talk to your doctor and tell them whats going on, maybe you need an antibiotic instead of monistat. I personally cant get rid of yeast infections with Monistat alone...not that i get them alot but the few iv had..

hope it gets better!

jtbz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Um..... 100% go get checked out! I was misdiagnosed (my doctor was a f*cking idiot) and didnt catch a yeast infec that I had, and let it go on for so long that she ended up frying my nerve endings down there by making me take too many antibiotics

Get it taken care of ! So many other things can go wrong that you dont wanna risk it! Boo monostat too.... That can be sometimes a waste!

purplemoosemom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Sounds like a yeast infection or another infection--vaginosis? Call your doctor :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)