• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 weeks and constipated TMI**

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

I just turned 14 weeks today and i have almost tried everything to go number 2 and nothing is working its been 7 days and nothing....i have eaten veggies, salads, drank millions of glasses is water, eaten dairy(lactose intollerant) taken stool softeners ect and still nothing please help!!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kt.f.
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM

I read on here somewhere that someone posted eating kiwis would help :o) Try that?!

Luv.My.Soldier
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I was like this too so I know how you feel!! Mine was so bad that I would eventually get really bad upset stomach/diarrhea after not going for so long, and that was HORRIBLE! Nothing really helped for me either, except I put Benefiber in my drink everytime I drank something and I took stool softeners a lot. It didnt help immediately but I eventually got some relief. I think I was about 17 or 18 weeks before the constipaion subsided, and ever since then I havent had any problems (im 36 weeks now). Just keep drinking lots of fluids and try to get some exercise.  Wish I could be of more help but thats all I got!

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I have one last option but i am not sure, most women wont try it. I was desperate though i did it. if you want to know send me a private message. Its tmi

charlene_x
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Eating lots of grapes and especially sultanas will run straight through you. If you taking anything with iron (vitamins) or even food high in iron, it will constipate you more.

Goodluck I know how your feeling!

sparklebug86
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

have you tried peri-colace? Its a stool softener with a stimulant laxative and is safe during pregnancy. Thats what I use because I stuggle really bad. It was AWFUL with my son!

Megara
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Probiotics, fiber, and water water water!

teri4lance
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM

raisins! lots of them

also I have my bowl of frosted miniwheats every day or I don't crap. try that! GL with your poop.

teri4lance
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM

OH and popcorn

sugarstealer
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM

First try allbran buds dried apricots or raisins and lots o water. My doctor suggested docusate sodium capsules which are found in the tummy aisle in the pharmacy no need for prescription( mine also just say stool softener on them).Suppositories aren't fun but they work.

Whatever you do, don't try popcorn that will only make a bad situation worse!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)