• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening Primrose Oil & Red Raspberry Leaf Tea???

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
  • 19 Replies

Anyone heard of this helping you to soften your cervix? A midwife at my OB practice told me to get some because it will help with softening my cervix...My little one is measuring 2wks small so they wanted me to take these herbs to help with the process...I got the evening primrose oil last night but i couldn't find the red raspberry leaf tea...but before i go looking for it or spend more $$ i wanted to know if anyone else has heard of this.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKalila
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Yup... I just started the EPO.  The tea is in the herbal teas sections at most places. The only kind I've seen w/ it alone is one of the organic brands, but you can also get a pregnancy tea that has it in there along w/ other things. I've had it awhile..

onlyjamesgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:11 PM

The midwife said to get the real stuff? (reguarding the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea) What does that mean?

MamaKalila
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Well... I would assume she means not just raspberry flavoured tea lol. But I could be wrong. She might want you on it straight and not in the mix for some reason... I asked mine about the mix and was told it was ok (despite having something in it that I'm already on for my iron lol).

Quoting onlyjamesgirl:

The midwife said to get the real stuff? (reguarding the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea) What does that mean?

smallest_mc Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobuckethttp://www.youravon.com/kmery AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
catiekins
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Ive been taking the EPO now for like a week and started on the red raspberry leaf tea a couple days ago. One is to ripen your cervix and the other tones up your uterus. In my opinion they can only help at this point (crossing fingers) to get things started and for a shorter labor. As far as her saying the really thing I agree with pp lol. Sopme teas are just flavored raspberry on there and it will say raspberry tea. For the real stuff read it and it should say on there that its for helping the female system, toning up the uterus and for helping menstrual cycle etc. Good luck!

Mother to an adorable red headed, blue eyed boy and wife to a man who loves me more than I ever dreamed possible! They are my heart and soul and they make me what I am today!pregnancy week by weekCatie

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:56 PM

I used both my last pregancy and my labor was only 2 1/2 hours and just one push!I swear by the stuff!

StuartBaby0610
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM

When should you start with these things and r u taking the EPO in a capsule form or putting it inside you or what? Just curious? I am only 29 wks and I know its too soon but I want to plan ahead for June haha.

I have already started with Vitamin E on the perineum to help with stretching, did it with my first and it worked like magic!

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Quoting StuartBaby0610:

When should you start with these things and r u taking the EPO in a capsule form or putting it inside you or what? Just curious? I am only 29 wks and I know its too soon but I want to plan ahead for June haha.

I have already started with Vitamin E on the perineum to help with stretching, did it with my first and it worked like magic!

36 weeks ;-)

If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!andee-1.jpg picture by us5dots

ready_for2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM

yes i took the oil (inserted vaginally AND by mouth)

i also TRIED the raspberry leaf tea but it was so nasty i couldnt make myself drink it

i have no idea if either of these things helped or not. and i went overdue....

preggomama26
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM

How do you use the evening primrose oil?  I have drank the tea my whole pregnancy for my uterus, but am curious about the evening primrose oil.  When do you start using that?

olgabillman07
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I loved red raspberry leaf tea. I started drinking it severaltimes a day at 36 weeks and my labor only lasted from 6am-10:43am when I delivered my son. Of course, I also did a lot of walking and bike riding. So I'm pretty sure the combination of both really helped move things along once I went into labor natural at 39 weeks.

Never heard of the oil. Not sure if its natural or not, but I would stay away from anything that could cause diarrhea, vomiting and suck. Stick to healthy labor inductions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)