Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I started feeling the baby move last Saturday (I'm 17 1/2 weeks). I was feeling a little something everyday until yesterday. Yesterday and today I haven't felt anything. This is my 3rd pregnancy but as soon I felt my boys move, they never stopped! So my question is, is it normal for the first couple of weeks of early movement to be eractic and inconsistent? I don't know maybe I'm just freaking myself out. I also know that now that I'm busy with 2 other kids it's hard to notice it but I try laying down and being calm and still don't feel anything.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilandy11
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Yes!  Don't freak out!  All of mine did that.  Pretty soon it will get strong, and it will feel like it never stops!

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:32 PM

my first was like your boys and this pregnancy she was off and on for WEEKS!

but now that were farther along, i feel here off and on all day, but she isnt a kicker/mover like her brother!

CandleMommy09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM

This early in the pregnancy it is pretty normal.  I felt the baby randomly for a while.  I'd feel her for a few days and then nothing for a day or two.  It will increase again as you get further along.

ready_for2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:03 PM

yes its still way too early to worry about kick counts or anything like that. some people dont feel the baby at all until 22 weeks or even more!

Sarabear123
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:30 PM

You all have made me feel better, thankyou. Every pregnancy is so different that something always comes up that  you never had with the others. Thanks ladies!

mnjo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

In a few weeks you'll be feeling them every day. :) I didn't feel anything at all until around 18 weeks so I'm sure everythings fine. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)