Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can I have your favorite recipe?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

I need a good recipe for a main course. Something simple quick and good, even a crockpot idea would be great. Please if you have the time I would love your ideas!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
palemoon21
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Go to Allrecipies.com I LOVE there stuff. I modify it to fit my liking...but they have great recipies. They even have 100's for crockpots.

Wishing2BMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

OK... Here goes... It's not quick but it's easy and for the crock pot. ........

Add 2 Large family size cans of Cream of mushroom soup.

Add 1-2 packets of Onion Soup Mix  (the more you put the stronger and saltier it is) 

Stir the mix into the soup.

Put a boneless beef chuck pot roast into the crockpot.  (make sure to cover the roast with the soup. 

Cook on high for 5-6 hrs. 

I then make Mashed potatoes  and put the gravy on the mashed potatoes... SOOO GOOD!!!

We had it last night for dinner.

Allie01
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I do a ton in the crockpot, I could probably come up with many ideas but here is an easy one:

Put 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot

add 1 whole jar of salsa

Cook on high about 4 hours, low 6-8 hours

Shred the chicken in the salsa and serve on tortillas with your favorite taco toppings. Yummy!!

thekayk
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:11 PM

bettycrocker.com is free and grate just sign upbarbecuing

CafeMom Tickers

andreaw03
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:13 PM

MMM...crock pot recipies. 

My mom does this, and its SUPER easy!

1 package boneless pork chops, 1 can of frozen orange juice (or pineapple orange)

Put the pork chops in the crock pot, and the can of orange juice...and then fill with water just until the chops are covered.  Cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours. 

30 min before you're ready to eat, take 1-2 cups of instant rice, and pour it in the crock pot...once its cooked, you're ready to eat!  You can also make some other veggies for a side dish, but the meat is soooo good and tender :)

ohsowonderful
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Are your children old enough for nachos? 

I brown a pound of ground sirloin in a skillet. Then I put it in a crock pot with an entire block of Velveeta cheese, a pack of shredded cheddar, two cans of Rotel (I get one Hot and one Mild), a block of cream cheese, the smallest tub of sour cream, pieces of mushrooms, and sliced black olives.

I just give my 3yo DS the little scoop-shaped tortilla chips and he is ecstatic.

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:20 PM

these sound really good! I have found a new love for the marinade mixes in the spice aisle. that and a george forman and any meat is amazing in not very long.

Caligurl19
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:21 PM

take a package of pork chops and cook them until they are done in the middle and dont brown the outsides to much just enough to be done and then put them in a 8x10 pan and before you put them in put on the bottom of the pan apple pie crust filling and then put your pork chops on that and cook stuffing and put it on top of the pork chops and preheat your oven to 350 and cover the top with tin foil for 35 minutes in the oven and then take it out take the foil off and put back in there for another 10 and they are sooo good yummy and it is a good way to get a stuborn kid to eat there food since it has fruit in it

bozzimomof3
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)