Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Disappointed

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had my 37 week check-up today and I am still 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced!! Same as last week. I thought with all my contractions and pressure I have been having I would be a bit more. I know he is going to come when he is ready, I am so sick of the pain right now.  I am so impatient!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
trippsgirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I'm sorry.  I know it's hard to be patient when you want to meet your little one so bad!

Pandana
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:51 PM

whispers **this is why cervical checks are pointless.....they just give you a reason to dwell on measurements that aren't ANY indication of what's to come!**

Nevermind all that. It could happen any time. You're right, it WILL happen when he's ready. But your dilation and effacement have nothing to do with when that might be. So don't be disappointed!. Just put it out out of your mind because it's totally irrelevant!

fallenangel8508
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I am so right there with you! I havent been checked since last friday so im not sure if im dialted more, but with all these contractions and hes still not here. Ugh! lol.

Barbiedoll137
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Yes, I have never had cervical checks with my last two and now that I am having them with this one I have no patience lol.

Quoting Pandana:

whispers **this is why cervical checks are pointless.....they just give you a reason to dwell on measurements that aren't ANY indication of what's to come!**

Nevermind all that. It could happen any time. You're right, it WILL happen when he's ready. But your dilation and effacement have nothing to do with when that might be. So don't be disappointed!. Just put it out out of your mind because it's totally irrelevant!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:40 AM

Awe Im sorry!!!!  Just hang in there momma!  You will get to meet him soon!  Hugs!

Tiffaney2004
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Hang in there, I was .5cm for weeks and then jumped to 3 out of no where and just kept going from there.

montessori_mama
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I was 2cm in early labor ... 24 hours later I was holding my baby : )  Dilation doesn't mean much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)