• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doc has me worried...what should I do?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM
  • 16 Replies

So i went to the doc today and i told them i have been having some pains and my tummy keeps getting hard ALOT. which ususally didnt really hurt but now it feel like when my period comes on. I dont get cramps during that time so im not sure if thats what they are. He checked me and said that he thinks my cervix might be shorting and  i have a bladder infection. He says no sex and take it easy this weekend and come back mon for a ultasound and go to the hospital if i feel any more pressure. Then they tell me they closed mon and booked tue. Thoes are the only days the ultasound lady is there. They told me to come in the tue after this one coming and that it should be ok. Im concerned though because im still having the feeling i get when my period bout to start and my tummy is still getting hard alot. What if i wait and its to late. Maybe i am  worrying to much but should i go to the hospital or wait almost 2 weeks and go back to my doc?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Excited2BeMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems :( If I were in your shoes, I would just go in to the hospital and tell them about the pain you're having and your OB instructed you to come into the ER if that were to happen. Though on the flip side... if your OB isn't worried enough to squeeze you in on Tuesday, you're probablly fine. Though I tend to be paraniod about everything myself so that would drive me nuts too!!! Good luck and keep us updated!!

CafeMom Tickers
polkadot80

sounds like lovely braxton hicks contractions, i have them too!

sissychristi

It sounds like you are having Braxton Hicks contractions. Many women don't feel crampy with them but many do. This is what mine felt like and they only got stronger the closer I got to having my baby. If you are having the cramping and your tummy didn't get hard, I would worry. But your tummy gets hard, so I think you'll be fine. Good luck momma.

Wishing2BMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:38 PM

I would probably at least call or go into L&D.   Better safe then sorry.  Keep us Posted.  GL!!!

momma_2b_2010
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM

he can check the length of ur cervix with the ultrasound. and since ur 32 weeks he probly doesnt want to do a vaginal exam yet. im sure u will be fine to wait or your doctor would have figured something out. the further along you get the strong ur braxton hicks contractions get. thats the hardening of ur stomach. so just listen to his instructions and take it easy:)

lele09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

thanks everyone. I suppose i'll wait for my app unless i feel worest

yummy_mommy89
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:20 PM

if your still having contractions you need to time them for one. 5 in an hr and being 32 weeks you need to go to l&d.

BUT.

if its false labor you will know bu drinking water and laying on your left side. or if they go away with activity

lele09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:43 PM

They get stronger when im active. They dnt go away when i lay down but they don't seem to be consistant like so many in a certain time frame. this is my 1st so im not sure. i will start timing them though thanks

doulala
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Quoting lele09:

They get stronger when im active. They dnt go away when i lay down but they don't seem to be consistant like so many in a certain time frame. this is my 1st so im not sure. i will start timing them though thanks

I think this might be a message (from your own body) to take better care of yourself.

Try to drink a lot of water, get nourished and rested, relaxed.   Try a bath or shower, and/or go for a walk.

Have you been working?     Stressed?   Do you have other children?

Thinking about  Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth  !!!

Three
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Sound like braxton hicks you usually do that within the last month and a half

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)