Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another paranoid mama =)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM
  • 4 Replies

You would think that this being my second pregnancy that I would have less worries....nope, not true, just different worries =)

Anywho, so my 17 month old likes to be rocked when she doesn't fell well. This was fine and dandy, until I realized that she rests a good portion of her weight on my lower abdomen. I know my baby is well protected in there, but you guys ( well, ladies!) don't think that this could cause any issues. It would be heartbreaking to have to tell her no, since she only wants it when she is sick!

OH, and I am almost 10 weeks....

Sometimes, questions seem a lot less irrational when I am thinking them.... and then I write them and I know I sound crazy! But, I am gonna ask anyway!

Thanks ladies!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tbower
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Baby is very very well protected in there. My 4 year old is a cuddly girl, and is always on mommy...and my baby is just fine- no issues...:) Cuddle her up while you can! :) xo

MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:08 PM

My 22 month old still sits in my lap, and sometimes he jumps on my belly (I try not to let him...but you know kids!). Anyway, my baby's doing just fine in there!

Wishing2BMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM

they're very well protected.  My puppy lays on mine.  and he's fine.  he actually will move to where the puppy is and cuddle against him.

Ati_13
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

It's all good, mamma.  My only problem with having my 22 month old lay on my belly is that now that it's getting bigger it pushes on the round ligaments making my sides ache lol.  The kiddo I'm pregnant with doesn't even seem to mind, he/she has never kicked his/her sister lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)