Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy Hospital Birth?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am pregnant with #4, and though I will be having a hospital birth I am hoping that someone can give me some advise on how to make it easier.

My first I was in labor for 16 hours and they gave me pain meds (not an epidural) and it was fine. I could handle it I didnt make a peep the whole time.

With #2 I was in labor for 5 hours. When I got to the hospital I was already a 5 so I instantly was able to get medication but it was still a horrific experience

I had #3  a year ago and I was in the most pain ever. again I labored for 5 hours but I just couldnt handle it

I just think this time is going to be way too much. I have bad back labor all the time. I just need something that will help me calm myself or something. I am terrified. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tams_64
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM

im on baby number 4. i found that with my 3rd when i walked around and did the excerise ball it helped a lot to move things along. it open my cervics so much faster then just lying in bed. but i dont do pain meds or epi. so i was able too. i think you should try it. or the bath. some hospitals will let you sit in the bath. i myself have never done that. but i heard it helps a lot too.

STEPHEEVERS
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Yea my hospital here dont let me do anything. no ball no walking no water. I really hate it. 

TemptMagick7
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Walking and moving helps, the shower helps. If they wont let you do things, can you try another hospital or a midwife? If not wait as long as you can until you get to the hospital.

tams_64
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Quoting STEPHEEVERS:

Yea my hospital here dont let me do anything. no ball no walking no water. I really hate it. 

oh man im so sorry. that really sucks a lot. cause laying in bed makes it so much slower. i wasnt moving a long at all. till i got up and walked and did the ball. and about 30 mins later to 40 mins i was ready to push. maybe u can try to tuff it out as much as u can at home. unless ur water breaks,. thats what im going to do. try and stay home for most if it. i hate being in the hopitals for 8 yrs it sucks.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Have you thought about having a doula to come and help you with the birth?  She may be able to help you find positions to help make it a better experience for you.  Just an idea.  Good luck!

mommytobobby
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:11 AM

if you have back labor again, get on all fours. it helps baby get into the correct position. from there, you can sway to help get through the contractions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)