• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GET THIS THING STARTED!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay, went to the Dr. today and I'm having contractions- The nurse said they are the perfect labor pattern- problem is my cervix is soft but even with the contractions they aren't strong enough to dilate me anymore than the 1 CM I have been since Tuesday- Any suggestions?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Photobucket "...What you think is what you get. Life will support whatever you choose, so choose only the best and highest good for yourself. You are definitely worth it.
This can be a year of great joy. Approach it that way. Put as much joy into your life as possible. Have fun in everything you do. Make new friends. Be social. Spread sunshine. If you express joy, Life will express to you, too." - Louise L. Hay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Wishing2BMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Sex, walking, all of the normal things.   Ask Doulala,  She's great and has lots of ideas.

smurffettmommy2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM

try walking and sex......eveyone says castor oil but nope ddnt work for me nite before i was indduced i was walking and next morning at 5 am i got up to shower bc i had to be there at 6 and i ws haveing contractions...but they still gave me pitocin bc they were very light contractions.

christine.r2624
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

walk, walk walk! and have sex... this may be one of the last times you do for a while! It worked for me!

palemoon21
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Walking, SEX...tmi but make sure he *um, yeah* inside you cause that's what ripens the cervix. Then I suggest bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one and try to be as active as possible.

ginger813
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM

walking, sex, and nipple stimulation. Good luck!

madihabib
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM

i m 39 and 1 day , i m at same point 1 cm and soft cervix  but  not proceeding any more , i m walking but feeling like pelvic is about to split a part .

i can feel your pain ,good luck

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:08 AM

walk and walk and walk. also take a bath and sex

doulala
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Quoting Wishing2BMommy:

Sex, walking, all of the normal things.   Ask Doulala,  She's great and has lots of ideas.

lol!   ;-P
thank you!

Your body is already doing exactly whatever it's supposed to be doing--  it needs no help.

Try to stay confident and maybe get really distracted.   There is no need to force this.   Especially if it doesn't help and causes disappointment.

Walking really might help.    Exercises-yoga-birth ball can be beneficial.    Sex really can kick things up a notch.    Acupressure and acupuncture and chiropractic can nudge the body...
Spicy foods, bumpy car rides, evening primrose oil, etc., are harmless enough.

Getting into the nipple stimulation, herbs/homeopathic remedies, castor oil, etc., are getting into the riskier options.  
I encourage moms to avoid them, and to avoid any of this because we are still pregnant for an important reason.    I believe it's important to respect that.

:-)

The knowledge of how to give birth without outside intervention lies deep within each woman. Successful childbirth depends on an acceptance of the process. ~Suzanne Arms

Birth is not an emergency. It is simply an emergence.” - Jeannine Parvati Baker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)