Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not breast feeding...any good ideas that worked for you when your milk came in!!??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
  • 65 Replies

Hi.  My son was born on Monday and I am not breastfeeding. My milk has come in and I am in so much pain!!  I am trying they whole cabbage leaf thing-that worked with my other son...but this just doesn't seem to be relieveing any of the pain! 

Does anyone else have a good remedy to try!? 

Thanks in advance.

PS.If you are going to just bash me for not bf, then I don't want to hear it....

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Britt
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Warm showers worked when I weaned from the pump.....

Pregnancy%20ticker

Wright68
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

I'd like to know this too. I don't plan on breastfeeding

sandraberke

try wearing a sprt bra thats like a size to small

and stuffing tha bra with cabbage leafs

for me i was engorged for  like a week or so then it went away -

sandraberke

oh and ice packs or packs  of peas stuffed in ur shirt

BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Birth control, no really the hormone in it dries you up like mad!

fatima_reed23
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM

take a warm shower it will stimulate milk production and should even release milk without you having to express it.. i was a bfing mom and was freaked out whenever i took a shower because it would gush and i was afraid my supply would be very low by the time feeding time came..  you could also try expressing some in the bath.. to help relieve the pressure.. warm releases the milk and cold relieves pain.. hope this helps.. Good Luck!

BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM

oh and the cabbage leave MUST be cold and change them as soon as they warm up

BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM

ace bandages too

mother_of_JGM
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I know that Ice packs and tight fitting bras are supposed to help. Can I ask a question though, this is meerly out of curiosity because I dont care one way or the other just curious about others feelings and perspectives. My question is what is the reason you dont want to BF? I really wanted to with my first and it didnt happen, this one I am so thrilled is working, its something I personally desired to do strongly, I just wonder what other womens feelings are for wanting or not wanting to. For me on top of the fact its good for them I have to be honest that I wanted more than anything to experience it for the bonding factor.

My SIL didnt want to with either of her kids, she has a 4 mo old now, she says she just doesnt feel comfortable with a baby nursing on her. Please know I really dont care one way or the other its just plain ol curiosity about how others feel.

mommyofwilliam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

bind your breasts with an ace bandage

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)