Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If I ask Chiropractor for a copy of an x-ray......

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

OK with my first child I had 2 epidurals first didnt work, second child I had one but it didnt work. I have scoliosis and my curve is right where the epi goes. So I talked to my Dr. b/c I am scared to death the epi wont work again. She said she would call the anesthesiologist and as if an x-ray (already taken b4 preggo) would help and give them  a better idea of where they should go. So does my chiropractor have to give me a copy of my x-ray if I ask for one or can they tell me no? Do they charge? I mean I have technically paid for it already. I just hate to be told no, so I want to be prepared when I call him

by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RadMama08
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I don't know about Chiropractors, but I know hospitals charge... here, they charge like $5-$10 for a copy of an x-ray. But they should allow you a copy because it is part of your medical record... good luck!

CheyanneW
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM

You have a right to your medical records including X-Rays.  Most likely they will charge you.  That is because he will make you a copy and not give you the original that you already paid for, that needs to stay in his records.  They are not very expensive though I believe the last copy I ordered of one of my daughters was about $15.00.

Also let him know what it is for.  My chiropractors have always been more than helpful when it came to pregnancy issues.

lillucky8
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:22 PM

of course you can ask for a copy of anything you want to do with your medical records and legally they have to give it to you. sometimes certain places will charge but if you tell them it's for another dr or something at least in my state they wont charge. i've gotten copies of all kinds of radiology films on cds from my drs at no charge. you should definately ask! :)

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:24 PM

they will pry charge you a lil bit to make a copy of it, but they can't say no it's in ur medical record and you can have any of it. 

housefullofkidz
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Hmmm not sure, I do think that is a great idea though!

mommytobobby
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM

if the dr asks for a copy, they won't charge. if you ask for a copy, they will charge. they can't tell you no bc it is your medical records. you might have a hard time getting them, but they can't deny that.

lildragonfly923
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Get a not from your doctor saying he wants the copy, that way the wont charge you for it.  I have had to get copies of xrays for my dd's pedi and she gave me a note so the hospital wouldn't charge me.  They cannot tell you no because it is your medical record and you have a right to everything in it. 

chundley
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:04 PM

That's a good idea!!  I also have scoliosis and my chiropractor told me to plan on going naturally since most likely they won't be able to get the epi to work again.  When are you due?  I'd love to hear if it works for you- that way I might be able to have get one as well.

JAIRATRACI
by on Apr. 5, 2010 at 7:10 PM

You can ask for one. I have also had an epi that didn't work but it was because my nerves branch different than most people's. Every time I have had one since finding that out has worked.

Mommy to Thour Barden 02/02/02, Mikhail Reid 07/10/07, Liam Doyle 04/25/09 and Wyatt Alexander or Totari Jayne due 07/22/10

pregnancy week by week
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)