Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM
  • 22 Replies

Ok ladies...I have read other posts about breastfeeding but my mother told me last night one that my husband and I haven't heard nor have I read on the other posts.

She told me that breastfeeding actually causes your breast to get bigger. She said that is what happened to my grandmother (her mother) when she tried to breastfeed her first child (back in the late '50s). My mother never really breastfed any of us (my bro or I). She also said that a girl she knew that didn't have children, her breast got bigger because her husband sucked on them......did this happen to any of you?

I just know I have read that if you breastfeed, it will help the breast shink a little....just didn't know if any of you heard the vis versa...

pregnancy calendar
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Some women will get bigger, some won't...

I only did because I got bigger everywhere, lol!

;-P

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

KITTYCAT1
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:22 AM

My boobs went back to the size they were pre-pregnancy after I breastfed my daughter.

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM

My boobs are bigger while bf because there's milk in them. But after done with bf they go back to prepreg size. I have never heards of them getting bigger for good

kym_hester
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I went from a DD to a F, but everyone's different. I have a friend that went from a C to an A, so I guess it just depends.

ready_for2
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:30 AM

they are bigger bc they are filled with milk!

after that, mine actually got smaller bc they lost their firmness

so i think thats where the confusion comes in...

truealaskanmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:00 AM

I was a small B cup before my DD, and am a full C cup after Bfing her and, while I was BFing I was a DD

Ati_13
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Breastfeeding does sometimes cause swollen breasts, usually from engorgement.  After engorgement period, you will MAYBE be a little bit bigger, but not a whole lot.  My breasts were softer after the engorgement period, I thought maybe they would always be softer... but nope, now that I don't have any milk any more (24 weeks pregnant) they look and feel exactly like they did pre-pregnant.  Same bra-size and all.

And contrary to popular opinion, breastfeeding doesn't cause saggy breasts, pregnancy does! :) 

tomib
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Mine went from a Big C small D to a DBL F with my last pregnancy. they shrunk to an F.  I started this pregnancy as an F.  I am a G now and they keep growing......  Just call me Boobasaurus Rex

tomib
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Oh let me add that my friends boob's didn't grow at all.  It depends on the person

mnjo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I know my boobs keep getting bigger and bigger and I know they will get bigger while I'm BFing but I will be VERY UPSET if they stay huge. I'm a large DD like 40-42 maybe bigger idk. I want small boobs!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)